Friday Night Fights is a weekly event where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
There may be a relevant XKCD for everything, but this one has Dinosaurs! Thanks Ryan North!
I don't know. I could do a big write up on how controversial Dragon's Crown is. Hell, looking at some of the things even I take a step back and say, "I get it, but that's a little over the top. But really I just think people are over reacting for the most part. I could link to another of that Sarkeesian person's videos but even that frustrates me because it feels like it's missing the point and I dislike her choice of addressed points.
I could also steal this to write my blog about what it's like to game with me for Dixon's Blog of the Month club, but I really just don't know what to say about the topic. So yeah. You guys get a fun comic at the top and a stupid video at the bottom. Nothing to see here, move along. Come on, move along.
Welcome to the Playstation side of Destructoid's Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the Destructoid community get together online to play games and all you need to join is a user account. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that you may need.
If you want to play, leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN name. You should also send a PSN friend request to the host, including a message to say who you are here on Destructoid so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, host it yourself! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so people know what, when and who. It's also wise to list DLC requirements, game or server names, and anything else people might need to join just so you don't need to message it to everyone individually. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.
Soul Sacrifice with ElZilcho Time: 8pm PSN: ElZilcho
Last of Us with KimikoLoco Time: 9pm PSN: KimikoLoco
Dragon's Crown with ElZilcho Time: 11pm PSN: ElZilcho [i]PS3 Version.
There are no invites in Dragon's Crown. I will set up a game and you will need to join a friend's game (mine) through the pause menu at the stables or gate. They were too busy painting chicken soup to make voice chat, but we can work out communication of some sort ahead of time, or simply go without.[/i]
Payday: The Heist with Thymeparadox Time: 1am PSN: Thymeparadox Cornflake:It's time to start the heist. Thyme: What?
Cornflake: It's time to start th- Thyme: I know, you just said it's time and that's my name!
Cornflake: DAMN YOU PUN GOD!
Disclaimer: The posting of this video in no way reflects the opinions or values of any member of the Destructoid Team or Friday Night Fights Crew. Except Kim. I know Kim digs this.