Welcome to the home of PS3 Friday Night Fights here at Destructoid.
Friday Night Fights is a weekly event here at Destructoid where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
Community member and all around swell guy Dare is hosting some Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition this week. That's cool. It's a free download for PS+ members, which is also cool. You should get it and join us. Don't worry about being terrible--I am, and I'm still showing up.
Less cool, is the whopping 18GB download it takes to get this sick filth on your hard drive. I understand it's because you're essentially getting the disc image, any repeated data or uncompressed FMV going unchanged from the disc release. Efficient! Just letting you know, because, if you want to play, you'll also want to get this started before Friday evening.