Shit I Own: PS2, GC, PC=DuoCore 2gigRam Nv7900 TB-HDD LogitechMx518 Mouse (hellyeah) Big Ass Widescreen LCD LogitechSoundsystem
Fanboy: PC, Logitech, Linksys, Honda, Intel, Playstation (Xbox when no one is looking), Oh and Nintendo, ToasterStrudel, Tiny Crispy Pizza's, Folger's Coffee, CanonDigiCams, Annnnnnnnnnnd 3dRealms-DNF lives!
Duke Nukem Forever REMIX made by yours truly with ingame action slowdown, new soundtrack and enhanced voice… I made this because the ingame was so fast I couldn’t even see it, so I slowed it down and gave you all the chance to experience the duke love!
That’s right Bloodball, commin at cha thanks to some deviousness from Games Workshop WOOT!
Blood Bowl is a "game" of American football played by the insane warriors of the fantasy Warhammer universe. Based on Games Workshop's renowned board game, Blood Bowl will allow you to create and manage teams that will take part in epic battles where fair-play is for sissies.
Various races of players are available : Orcs, Goblins, Elves, Dwarves, Humans, Lizard Men and Chaos.
Once you've picked your team, you'll be able to progress it through the various leagues, taking on opponents that have their own particular strategies.
Blood Bowl will be playable in two modes :
1. Real-time : for fast-moving and action-packed matches
2. Turn-based : for a more strategic style of play.
A multiplayer mode is also planned so that leagues can be created and managed on-line.
Blood Bowl is an award-winning tabletop game first published by Games Workshop in 1986. Since then, it has been re-published in 3 editions and 5 languages, and has been played by gamers across the globe.
Players take the role of a coach controlling their armoured and psychotic teams of Humans, Orcs, Elves, Trolls, Dwarfs and many other fantastical creatures. Dirty tricks, bribing the referee and even pitch invasions by fans are all part of
this colourful, violent and often humorous fantasy sports game.
Blood Bowl is in development on NDS, PSP, X360, and PC, scheduled for late Q2 2008.
The neuroscientist behind Nintendo's hit "brain-training" games is joining forces with Toyota Motor Corp to develop a car to keep elderly drivers alert to prevent accidents, he said Wednesday.
A research team from the Tohoku University will begin a study with Toyota in the aim of putting the car in practical use in 2015-20, said Professor Ryuta Kawashima of the university's Institute of Development, Ageing and Cancer.
The vehicle would be mounted with devices to "watch the driver's brain activity, automatic nerve reflexes, attentiveness and other mental and physical conditions," Kawashima told AFP.
If the devices detect signs of slackening concentration, they would alert the driver to possible dangers through alarm sounds and other means, including the use of air conditioning to invigorate the driver's brain.
Japan's rapidly ageing population means that there is a growing number of senior citizens behind the wheel.
An increasing number of accidents caused by elderly drivers has even prompted calls from some quarters for senior citizens to relinquish their driver licences voluntarily.
But Kawashima flatly rejected the argument.
"The recent phrase 'anti-ageing' stems from the notion that ageing is bad," he said, arguing that life could actually become better with age.
"We are pooling our wisdom to develop a system that would enable (the elderly) to become more active mentally and physically by driving a car," he said.
Kawashima chairs the university's newly launched study group for "mobility and smart ageing," which also embraces engineering and other experts.
He said Japan's third-biggest carmaker Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. had also approached him for a study on vehicles for senior drivers, although no decision had been taken on any collaboration.
Japan has one of the world's oldest populations.
The number of people aged 65 or older numbered 27.53 million in November, almost a quarter of the country's total population and up 39 percent from 10 years ago, according to official data.
"Brain Age" games for the Nintendo DS hand-held video game console have created a craze in Japan. The popularity of the mental exercises, which are billed to invigorate brain activity, is spreading to other countries as well.
The game titles typically check the ages of players' brains by quizzing them on mathematics, reading and other simple tasks. Players keep scores of their performance and check how their brains have improved.
SO! I was surfing my favorite “website here” and I came across this MOD called “Clear Sky” for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I was amazed at the detail and the focus in the mod and looked more in to it… after digging all of “30” seconds I realized Holy SHIT its no mod but an expansion and Float code upgrade making it look better and run like Glass.
Anyways Clear Sky is the first official expansion to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and im looking forward to this beast, its going to do what Mask of the Betrayer did for NWN2… which is a very good thing.
PS: Pripyat is one scary place, if done right it’ll re-engineer the way post apoc games will play. And speaking of Pripyat I am headed there summer of 10’ for a research trip wish me luck!
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Skys:
Year 2012. Six years passed since the time of the Second catastrophe to have made the April events of 1986 fade.
The game is set in the Chernobyl exclusion zone which turned from a destiny-breaker place into a threat to all mankind. The Zone is reluctant to open up its mysteries and needs to be forced to do it. It is a rare hero who can reach the very heart of the Zone onto find out what danger awaits him there.
A danger which, compared to marauders and enemy groupings, all monsters and anomalies, will seem a mere preparation to the meeting with something more fatal and threatening.
But for now… get ready, hero. Collect artifacts and trade, grope your path and keep an eye on the rear, catch roentgens and fight – only make sure you survive! And then, perhaps, if you are persistent and truly lucky, you will find out why all this had fallen on you.
• Living-and-breathing world: virtual monsters and stalkers migrate around the Zone, similarly to the player they are preoccupied with day-to-day things – feeding, fighting, looking for prey, trading, sleeping, taking rest
• Freedom of movement around the storyline, limited only by the player’s will and abilities
• The world of post-Soviet environment
• Authentic objectives of the Chernobyl exclusion zone – the power engineers city of Pripyat, Chernobyl NPP, Chernobyl-2 complex of over-the-horizon detection and more
• Atmosphere of eerie mystery and constant danger
• Multiple game endings
• System of weather effects and dynamic day & night shift
• Photo-realistic graphics, adding to the game atmosphere immersion
• Realistic ballistics, extensive arsenal of real weapon prototypes
• Unique multiplayer modes implemented within the game entourage – artifact collection, anomalies, radiation, weather effects, day & night change etc
• Extensive map editor possibilities for multiplayer gaming
This is a collection of all that is Metal, may favorites and maybe some of yours, this is the gamut of what i belive to be the best there is out there in the sounds that i call HOME, this is what i love and what i need to get me through the day.. this is:
M E T AL
In Flames - My Sweet Shadow
God Forbid - The End Of The World
Lamb of God - Walk with me in HELL
Trivium-Ember to Inferno
Arch Enemy - My Apocalypse
Mnemic - Deathbox
As I Lay Dying - Confined
Children of Bodom - Everytime I Die
SHADOWS FALL - In Effigy
lastly its not Metal But.... ITS PURE ASSKICKING GOODNESS!
Genesis - This name does not mean a complete restart of the Gothic series! Rather it means that something has changed. This is how the new developer, Spellbound, explained it. After JoWooD and Piranha Bytes split on the 22 of May 2007, the search for a new developer started and this search ended on the 23 of August when Spellbound was announced as the new developer for the next Gothic game. Piranha Bytes is the developer of Gothic 1, 2 and 3. JoWooD is the publisher of the Gothic series.
Spellbound has its headquarters in Kehl am Rhein, a city close to the french border, which is located in Baden-Württemberg, a state of the Federal Republic of Germany in the southwestern part of the country to the east of the Upper Rhine.
Spellbound has always had a history of being a French-German developer. With the French city of Strasburg being right across the river Rhein opposite to Kehl, the company could always employ people from both countries with both their individual and cultural backgrounds. It is that cultural diversity which the company believes has always proven to be advantageous for game development.
The company employs 24 firm coworkers, comming from Germany, France, South Africa and Russia, as well as approximately 30 freelancers [a freelancer or freelance worker is a person who pursues a profession without a long-term commitment to any one employer].
Some coworkers of Spellbound, under Jochen Hamma, the project leader, worked at Attic Entertainment Software and were in the project called Northlandtriolgy (Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny, Realms of Arkania: Star Trail and Realms of Arkania: Shadows over Riva), a series of computer role-playing games based upon the popular German pen & paper role-playing game Das Schwarze Auge (The Dark Eye).
* It is believe the Trinigy Vision Engine will be used in the development of Gothic 4: Genesis. The Vision Engine is one of the industry's most advanced technologies for professional game development and has proven its versatility and reliability in more than 60 commercial game productions all over the world. Link to screenshots of games who used this engine.
* The graphics of the game and the music are expected to come close to the ones Gothic 3 had and be up to date and competitive on the market when released.
* Characters, story and dialogues will be Gothic 2 oriented.
* Jochen Hamma says that dividing the story into chapters might be the best solution, for example for changing graphical elements in the gameworld. Use of chapters again is therefore most likely.
* Gothic 4: Genesis will not be a prequel [a sequel to a film, play, or piece of fiction whose events precede those portrayed in the original work] to Gothic 1.
* Rough characters, a play world in the european setting and as fans expect, a world to give you the feeling of Gothic!
* Certain aspects of the game's roles mechanics, for example the skill system, are going to look much alike Gothic 3 ones, which are supposed to be considerably improved.
* Exploration and discovery are two of the most important basic principles of the Gothic series, these elements will get proper attention with Gothic 4: Genesis.
* The game will be visually convincing, it will have a dark atmosphere and feeling, the landscape and music will be in connection with an interesting narrative style and the character development will be typical for a RPG, which will recompence the player on its discovery journey.
* As for the interface, especially for combat, it will not be exactly as in Gothic 1, 2 or 3. However, for the fans we will make an interface that feels like it, one who has played for example Gothic 3 should easily find out how the new interface works, according to Jochen Hamma.
* Here Spellbound plans large changes. The combat system of Gothic 4: Genesis should promote more self initiative and be more dynamic.
Both developer Spellbound and publisher JoWood plan active community support over the entire development of the game. Thus there are plans to offer regular question times as well as to have a generally increased forum activity. The feedback collected will have a substantial influence on the development of the game. Beyond that, selected community members will be invited in certain periods to try the game in order to collect direct criticism and improvement suggestions. Jochen Hamma, the project leader, spoke about such a meeting in the middle of 2008.
There is no release date for Gothic 4: Genesis, it is however certainly that the game will appear first on PC, later in addition, on consoles. When it comes to consoles we already have the appropriate tools for Xbox360 and PS3.
*i will be hosting home suicide classes in the IRC chat room Tuesday and Thursday for the underacheviers out there*