With the recent advent of the fourth year anniversary I would in my own insignificant way, commemorate it with this post.
10. Destructoid is the first site I have ever been "emotionally" vested in while I may have accounts with IGN, gamefaqs or 1up and other similar places none have received my daily attention nor affection like the community and staff of Destructoid. Scarcely a day has gone by in the last couple of years I haven't checked this site and I don't foresee that changing.
9. Not too long ago I moved from my home of 18 years across the country. Very few things stayed consistent in my life, thankfully one of them was Destructoid.
8. RetroforceGO what would I have done without you. Sadly I only started listening the last 40 episodes or so but every week I would check for itunes to update. Oh how sad I was whenever Chad's jeep would burn or Colette was on a plane. When it ended it felt as though an old friend left my life. Topher, Chad, Dyson, Colette and Stella, you guys did such an incredible job.
7. I know this is kind of cheating but the podcasts have been a big part of my life. With said reason number seven is Podtoid. It was awesome and hilarious to see (hear?) it grow from the days of Summa hosting to when Anthony took over. I would say I miss the days of Nicole Wiebe but many other almost equally memorable jokes have taken it's place. Podcastle should at the very least get an honourable mention.
6. Jim Sterling. Need I even elaborate?
5. Hey Ash, Watcha playin' Not only is it hilarious and clever, and yet another periodic feature to look forward to and long for but I've been apart of it since the beginning. There is not a whole lot of stuff I witnessed from beginning to end but I can be proud to say that HAWP is/will be one I will proudly proclaim.
4. The crazy antics of the forums. Every time I stumble upon something or someone like the great valentine my heart leaps with joy. So rarely do I read or experience something as mindblowingly stupid or hilarious as some of trolls who happen upon the treasure cove that are our forums. Also, I wish office quest would happen.:(
3. The CBlogs. So few places offer a service as awesome as the community blogs that even the existence of such a place deserves commemoration. But when one of the staff posts an article an 53 people follow suit it doesn't get better.
2. I love the care the staffs put into this site. They ask and listen to the community for how they want the site changed. I love how they don't let just any ad take up space, and when an ad becomes obtrusive they take steps to change that. I don't know how where they find the time but we get so many well written features from the staff besides their regular contributions. I just can't imagine the time Niero (happy birthday) and the others put into this site.
I know this article hasn't been particularly clever or funny. But it has to some degree represented my "feelings" toward Destructoid and it's the community. Those reasons were not ranked in order I merely numbered them as I thought of them. Destructoid, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our comment moderatorsCan't see comments?
Anti-virus apps like Avast
or some browser extensions
can cause this. Easy fix: Add
to your security software's whitelist.