Some new changes were announced for Civ V today:
- Automatic government change with double length revolt whenever all cities under your control have a Hospital.
- Cities receive -1 happiness and -2 culture per tile distance from an ocean.
- Double effects from Oil and Uranium deposits
- Declaring war under a Democracy Government does not lead to unhappiness when a City has a Church, Temple or Cathedral
- Marketplaces decrease Culture by 10%
- Automatic visual transport bridge from most north-western owned City from Capital City to Russian Capital City
- PAX Wonder, requires 5 Cities with a Game Studio, creates +1 happiness in every city worldwide
- Tanks in newly occupied cities with a Hospital lead to -1 population per turn
- Ability to build settlements in enemy territory without penalty
- Settlements within enemy territory gain +500% culture
- +100 gold per turn as long as Americans are in play
- Liberal media wonder: places a Cinema and TV station in every city on the continent, every city in the world from the Information Age onwards. If an enemy city does not already have a Cinema or TV station, cultural effects are -50%
- Double effects for Diamond and Gold deposits
- Random barbarians within enemy territory every 3 turns, every 2 turns during Information Age
- +100% damage against Israeli units
- Can only pillage Israeli cities, not occupy
- +50% production
- Can freely occupy any city of the Glorious Dutch Nation along a Sea Tile with the Tourist unit as long as a Road connection to an owned city exists
- Cinemas produce +100% Culture if any U-Boot exists
- After declaring war to a Nation, this Nation will never reach a Trust level above 5%
- Any Game Studio building will create +1 happiness and -10% culture, because their games look good but are pretty shitty.
- Units defending a city have a 50% chance of surrendering
- Cities on other continents get -1 happiness per 10 turns
- Railroads work at 90% speed
- -50% defense on Desert Tiles, -100% defense in cities on Desert Tiles
- Cathedral in Capital City gets a free entertainer/hunchback
- -50% Culture, no Culture effect on borders of the Glorious Dutch Nation
- Breweries create +3 happiness
- Cannot create any military units with an attack rating higher than 2
Glorious Dutch Nation
- Naval units do +100% damage against British naval units
- Banks create +50% Wealth
- Cannot build any land military units other than the Commando unit
- After Americans research Nuclear Fission, one American Missile Silo is placed in a random owned city
- +50% damage to French units
- +1 happiness in every City with a TV Station
- -80% Culture during Information Age because of chavs
- Every City on a different continent will revolt after 50 turns, -1 happiness in every owned City for every City that revolts in this way
- Eurogamer Expo Wonder: leads to 1 happiness in every city on the continent
- Always starts out on a small continent
- Cities on nearest continent or island will always have -33% happiness
Can't wait for Civ V! Maybe there are some things that Firaxis missed in the comments? Hmm...
Racist changes VIA JONATHAN ROSS
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our comment moderatorsCan't see comments?
Anti-virus apps like Avast
or some browser extensions
can cause this. Easy fix: Add
to your security software's whitelist.