I actually just shot a message off to Steven Hansen, asking if I could get an article about Obama RPG written up (although that's a long shot, I bet, but I thought it was worth a shot), since Kanye Quest 3030 just got a nice article dedicated to it, and my game is in the same vein.
Anyways, I know some of you a week ago-ish said that you'd be interested in hearing more about Obama RPG. Well, here's the information. It's out.
I decided to split Obama RPG into three parts after hearing someone talk about getting some feedback, and I think feedback for the first part will vastly help with designing the second part. The first part I'm calling Disk 1, and has the first four chapters of the game in it. Disk 2 will have the other four chapters in it. Disk 3 will contain two optional chapters that extend the story, as well as one bonus dungeon to tie everything up in a neat little package.
Here are some of the features the first disk includes:
- 4 to 5 hours of gameplay (maybe, I'm totally guessing)
- An MP3 Player wherein you can choose the battle music using Vinyl Records you find throughout the game
- Music from a wide array of franchises and games, including: Zelda, Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, Mario and Luigi, Paper Mario, System Shock, Final Fantasy, Hotline Miami, Etrian Odyssey, Lost Odyssey, Mother, and more that I can't remember right now
- An Easy Mode for people who just want to experience the story, which instantly shoots everyone up to level 99
- Snoop Lion as your narrator
- A wide cast of characters, including characters from video games as well as real people
- Plenty of laughs (I hope)
- A main story, which is separated into 4 chapters for disk 1
- Locations such as The White House, Australia, Antarctica, Mt. Kilimanjaro, and more...
- A traversable World Map of the Earth and the space around it
- Political Duels (one on one fist-fights between Obama and politicians)
So, I'm going to go ahead and link you guys to the download. I was about to show you guys the videos I made up this past week for Obama RPG, when I realized that I put all those in my blog post I made last week. Shucks.
So, here you go. Enjoy, if you will. And please, give me some feedback if you play it. That's what I really need right now. Oh and one more thing to keep in mind...
If you download this game and do not have the RPG Maker 2003 Runtime Package installed on your computer, then download the version that is clearly marked as being bundled with the RTP. Otherwise, the game WILL NOT RUN.
And one last thing. I'm going to post a big-ass poster I worked my butt off to make the past week to advertise the second disk of the game, as well as to give the general release date time I'm looking for. It contains a few spoilers regarding some character reveals for the first disk of Obama RPG, however, so you may not want to look at it if that bothers you.
Ready? I'm going to hit enter a bunch of times so that those of you who don't want to see it don't have to, and you get a chance to save yourselves.
OK, you guys good? We're good. Anyways, I hope those of you who intend to try out Obama RPG enjoy, and good night. I am so exhausted right now I can fall over. Speaking of that, one last thing I want to say...
I did it. I've finally completed a portion of Obama RPG. Its...beautiful...This is one of the greatest days of my life.