Look as of right now this reaction is connected to if the used game fee is true. As such if it is I would like the person who is behind this to be fired post haste. In fact despite a love of the Halo series I'm not buying this. Also to the rest the following is my reaction because it is taking all my willpower to not go into an incoherent ramble right now.
Good to see you again Destructoid readers. Seeing as my last post of blog content had at least what seemed to have at least some form of warm reception I'm placing the next bit here as well. As for past projects I'll most like just make preview parts with a link due to the editing time it takes to transfer over the formatting for fic based riffs. Still hope everyone enjoys the next Riffer Guy part and as for the length of this one I'm just trying out a more bite sized stile of posting.
Johnel: Well it is time to jump back into webcomic hell so join me would you kindly. Also did a quick check at the other options on the page for this comic and found some cast "info" not really going to bother with the details but it suggests that the main character, who I refuse to call by that Mary Sue name, is 21. I'd want to call bullshit but my faith in humanity is somewhat low right now. Also as it says she doesn't like bananas I feel the following clip can be used.
This obviously is not just me showing what I wish to do to the creator of this comic.
Okay so enough delay let's do another four.
Johnel: Wow she suffers the delusion that anyone would have wanted to but their penis in her. Okay that's cruel but honestly this page was just awful. So let's break it down.
1. Art: Now I'm not sure if it is a good thing this has just a plain white background. On the one hand the shit backgrounds from before are gone but on the other hand that means the artist is just being lazy about adding them in. Also this habit of the artist to have characters hair be see through when it comes to eyes just freaks me out and isn't and art style choice I would aprrove of. Now it has become obvious there is a anger state design that involves the hair, also hat for some reason, changing to represent mood. My problem is though that I'm pretty sure her shoulders should not suddenly sprout spikes and remove her undershirt straps. Also she is holding a mystery item again in the first panel for no apparent reason. I have a feeling that is to become a theme.The other two look okay but part of the chin line on the other girl is too thick and makes it looks like she has a beard.That could have been the point though.
2. Joke: Okay so I'm guessing the idea is that she has an ex boyfriend who she hates for no reason. Personally this image makes the guy look like he is still willing to be social if not on a romantic level while the main character comes off as bitter and unwilling to move on. Yet for some reason I'm sure we are supposed to agree on her view of him. If you are going to make him look like a prick have him drive up with a car of cheerleaders like Gary Motherfucking Oak and taunt you about how much better he is without you. Sure that might have been unrealistic but hey in the real world someone lived after getting a metal pole launched through their head so feel free to go out of the bland zone a bit.
Johnel: You..... it...... he..... boobs....
Fucking hell this went downhill fast. Okay let's break this one done as well.
1. Art: Okay really with that lazy ass..... uh game shelf I think. Couldn't even keep the boxes straight and what is with some being colored and like two looking like they have cover art. Did you get bored go on a yaoi porn break and forget to finish?! Also really that is the male nerd design you have going. It is like the most obviously stupid short hand to ever exist. Hell you are supposed to be a gamer and know that they don't look like this. In fact some male nerds can look even like this......
Honestly it doesn't matter that this is supposed to be a character we don't like you could have done it with a less stupid visual short hand.
2. Everything Else: Just everything about this is wrong. First it is ego stroking by the creator for she is saying "I'm so desirable and sexy men can't keep themselves from hitting on me teehee". Of course this is also combined with a strange hatred for men that most likely exist on an equal scale of nerd as you claim to be. Worse yet his reaction is to straight forward and to be funny should have more incorperated something like him being silent but breathing heavly behind her. Which with the right facial expression and stance being drawn could be comedic. Could be because I do find this type of joke is older than Chuck Yeager, who is an awesome person by the way, and even in the time you made it could be considered a half rotten horse corpse at best. Overall I find this strip woefully offensive and that the creator should be given the following message......
Johnel: Oh yes Mary-Sue Von Stupid Hat astound us with your superior gaming knowledge! Seriously this is supposed to be the fucking joke really? You know besides he said Symphony of the Night not Kid Dracula and even if you go with the Kid Dracula being Alucard arguement that would mean he'd at least know about Castlevania 3 because that also has Alucard. Also Curse of Darkness really? I haven't touched it in forever but I'm asking more because wasn't that one of the big Yaoi fangirl bait games?
No I'm not talking about Catlevania to ignore this fucking comic and I resent the accusation. Thought I still hate that eyes under the hair thing it is going to forever get on my nerves. Aso can you decicde wheter his frames are round or square madam I'd like a little consistant art please. Also one final note before I move to the final comic for this part but what is with the small reference pool? I mean for a superior nerd you are really writing in the obvious choices. I mean if it is to make the.... guy with glasses.... look less nerdy than you I guess that would work but it isn't like you went and picked up anything more out there yourself. Either way with the initial offense of the last comic gone this one is just boring.
Johnel: I Fucking Knew It! Yaoi fangirl see had to be a yaoi fangirl making this type of shit. Hell I'm pretty sure guy thinking her freaky is supposed to make him look worse based on the warped reality this chick probablly still lives in. I'd really like it if horny as fuck teenage, I know the creator claims to being around 20 but she has the mentality of one, girls stop judging the sexuality of fictional characters because you find it hot. I mean hell I'm not even against Yaoi but fuck can you write a good story just once please?! I mean I'm sexually attracted to men and you don't see me writing characters from the material I make fun of wanting to do eatchother or have me do them. I also hate how this type of person can't seem to judge it by anything else because noooooooo.... everything has to be judged on how hot it would look for to males characters to fuck eatchother! Hell it will be people like this that set back good homosexual characters with rounded personalities from being created! Further more......
Sorry got carried away there. Oh also what the fuck is with that first dialogue thing? "So which one was your favorite? What was that?" I mean I guess he is asking what Lament of Innocence was, for the curious it is the origin story of Dracula and the vampire killer whip, but the way the rest of the dialogue is structured and placed makes that seem to not flow very well.
Still I think I've stomached enough of this comic for one day. Maybe it will get better next part...
Okay for those of you confused I have mentioned before that I run a seperate little blog were I usually make fun of bad fan works. Anyways recently I began a critic of an old gaming webcomic I found and thought it would be interesting to share on Destructoid as well. So this is a repost of that though with some improvement over the original release.
Johnel: You know sometimes reading bad fanfiction can be damaging to ones sanity... if I was in anyway sane. Though that is besides the point for today we are going a different route with webcomics!
Johnel: So I spent my time and found the worst thing I could get that wasn't porn. It's....
.... Unfunny slice of life about girl gamers that does more damage to their genders credibility as gamers than adds to it! Anyways here is the first 8 pages.
Johnel: Now from the first page you can see the major problems this little piece of hell will have throughout.
1. The Art: Despite at least doing some work on her character models... well okay it looks like what I see when reading self insert fics but at least I can vaguely descripe it as human. The background and props on the other hand look awful. Like look at the first panel and tell me what the hell that rainbow colored thing she is supposed to be holding is I'll wait.
Did you guess? Well good for you because to me it just looks like the artist had a brief arguement with MS Paint and that was the result. Then there is that poster that looks like it was ripped from somewhere else and just distracts the reader from the meat of the comic. Not that the meat of the comic is worth anything. Finally really that is how you are going to draw yoru game console, as a black box with a childs scribbles on it.
The worst part is I've read through it and over the years no improvement was in sight.
2. Humor: There is none. Either the writer forgets to tell a joke or any attempts at humor just fall flat in execution. Like this first page I can get what the joke is, it is about how life can be hard and video games helps our character deal with it. The problem is she suffers from a horrid case of forgeting to show and not tell. If we saw a series of comedically over the top issues followed by the life is good bit we might have a working panel but instead you just list off that X sucks and leave it at that.
Well maybe we'll get some character or logic with page two.
Johnel: Okay so page two for some reason feels like it should have came before page one, also it feels like there is some panels missing before the first one, plust context, plus and actual background instead of blobs of color. Joke wise it also fails on just not having a good execution again. I mean someone acting like an asshole because your boss says to say happy holidays to a customer, which is my guess at what the context is, can be funny but you need to build up the punch line and honestly the one telling main character chick go to hell should probably be a bit more animated in their stance for the mildly annoyed look doesn't sell it.
Johnel: The third page is once again just poor joke execution so I don't feel much need to go into much detail. Though once again the artists just draws mildly annoyed instead of about to pass out tired. I mean I think the hair is supposed to be messed up but the line alterations and general tendancy for off model character makes it hard to tell. So this could really use details on the character and more panels to sell the concept.
Johnel: The fourth page isn't really a comic just a Halloween pic. Also who is the phantom chick I don't remember her being introduced... unless go to hell lady is meant ot be a recuring character. Also fantastic job pushing the plight of the girl gamer forward with cleavage, keep up the good fight. Hell I think the artist even increased her self insert character's bust size for this pic.
Johnel: No...just...no. Bad comic you don't introduce characters like this! Also Kirei and Suiren really? Fucking really? Those are some of the most Mary-Sue sounding names I've ever heard did you tink you could get away with that? Yet the most aggravating thing of all is.....
Why does she have a Koromon on her head!?
Johnel: Oh great the other major issue with this comic. Pages that instead of having a joke that falls flat just have nothing of interest at all. I mean she has dots and thinks fuck. Where is the comedy in that. Hell what does she even mean by fuck? Is she mad, depressed, missing her hat, or is she coming off a fucking yaoi dream and stained the sheets. There is no context, there is nothing!
Johnel: Well it isn't like she had anything insightful to say before so I'm fine with this. Also speech bubbles use them. Now there is an authors note thing that says she did loose her voice but that just makes the comic feel like in jokes between her and her stupid friends that they thought the rest of us would get.
Allons-y! We have been graced with another trailer for RWBY and I'm here to talk about it.
This time we get a character name of Blake and her male companion um.... whathisface, I'm sure they said it but the audio wasn't easy to hear when they did if I'm thinking at the right spot, who now get to talk with voice acting........
Bad anime dub quality voice acting. Not to say it is awful but the whole thing really seems like it was phoned in and doesn't match the predigree that the show is to be born from. The lip syncing also seemed a bit off. Though maybe this was a quick fix and it will be improved in the actual show.
Story wise what happens is the two attack a train, for some reason, fight some robots, for some reason, and then Blake is for some reason sorry and detachs the train car Whathisface is on, for some reason, which as you can tell I have no idea why. Of course all the other trailers gave you no context but in this one it feels like there is supposed to be an this isn't a concept trailer. I don't know it is another thing we'll find out when the time comes.
Now something I noticed when looking at the lyrics during the first trailer. It says "Black the beast descends from shadows...." which implies Beauty and the Beast but nothing in this trailer, besides Blake's anime cat girl ears head thing, seems to connect to that. I mean I thought Whathisface might have been Beast but he never transforms into anything and spends the whole time as a human.
Also noticing the continuation of other colors popping up this time with enviroment. In "Red" trailer the battlefield was on white snow, the walls in "White" were black, and now "Black" has red/black mechs along with red leafed trees. I still like the incorperation of colors but I'm wondering where all the yellow is to represent the fourth character. Unless yellow is different in a now unknown manner.
Action wise this one doesn't really stand out as much as its sisters an I was left underwhelmed.
Overall "Black" has proved the weakest trailer so far but I have high hopes for "Yellow" and for the show it self.
Note: This post has been redone to appear on the proper date of completion.
Okay so time to get started with Digimon World Dawn and have a bit of fun shall we?
Just a note for going on despite this being a bit of a playthrough I won't be showing every bit of dialogue this game has to offer. Why you may ask? Well not all of it is required and the writing can be a bit boring if I were to write it all down. Anyways from now on there is also the fact that All my thoughts will appear like this so lets go digiport open!
We are going to be called Lance because the limit to name length is awful in this game. Probably a issue with porting it over to the west. Anyways after that you are given four choices of starter pack.
There is the speed pack which comes Airdramon, Coronamon the universal starter, and Sinduramon the chicken deva. All packs come with early access to one digivolution tree because this game likes to tease you with the cool stuff.
Balance back with Risegreymon and Angewomon with the secondary being the exclusive evolution line. It is also notable for having two Ultimates instead of an Ultimate and a Champion.
The Japanese pack, no I'm not joking read the text, with Reppamon and Karatemon. Reppamon is the exclusive digivolution line for this one. Reppamon and Angewomon also both share the same intraining form to digivolve from but you are locked out of it for awhile and would still be locked out of one digivolution line at first anyways.
Finally the pack we are using for this playthrough the attack pack. It gives us Growlmon and Megaseadramon with the Growlmon line being exclusive. Why this pack you ask?
Well it certainly isn't because my every move is being watched or anything like that.
Anyways with our chosen pack it is time to give nicknames to everyone. Well okay Coronamon is staying that just because I'm unsure on him sticking around... never really liked him much and liked to put different mons on the team personally.
First off we have the Mighty Fred destroyer of our enemies and devourer of cookies!
Next is Mr. Fish because in accordance with 'mon let's play article 72F at least one creature must have a name that is a shout out. Now let's start the game...
...or get an info dump from someone we stop caring about in a few minutes. To summarize for the sake of my sanity when it comes to uploading pics.
In this game and its counter part Dusk there are two Tamer organizations. The NightCrow and the LightFang. Our character is a normal rank Tamer of LightFang, this also hints that there is no longer a rank limiter on high level digivolutions because we are packing Mr. Fish, and participating in a competition between the two groups.
We are in the Group B bracket with a NightCrow named Sayo already taking the Group A and this fellow here...
Holy crap is partner was just murdered in the ring!
Well I supose we'll go kick some digimurders ass next time...