Hi little ones. My name is Andrés, I'm 21 and I've been playing computer games since I was 4. So probably I could kick your ass in a Wacky Wheels deathmatch.
The reason I decided to start this blog was that I have so much free time to waste, and I though that a excelent way of wasting time would be starting a blog of one the things a like the most... so here I am.
-Preferred games: RPGs (specially SRPG) and Adventures (classic style)
-Crap I don't like: MMORPG (they are like drugs and I don't like drugs) and most of the driving games
-Now playing: Phoenix Wright 3, Front Mission DS, Contra 4 (yes, I only have my DS here in Holland)
-Desiring so bad: SMT: Persona 3, The Nomad Soul, somethin else...
I'm sure most of you will disagree with me... what the fuck! I'm sure most of you are going to flame me because of my next words, but I think RE4 is one of the most overrated games ever! Let's explore a bit in the game:
- Lion is the brand new President's daughter bodyguard (What the fuck!?)
- The President's daughter has been kidnapped by a spanish sect (How the fuck!?)
- Lion go by himself to a lost spanish town in the middle of... nothing (Ok, he has guts)
- The Spanish villagers don't speak spanish, they speak mexican... (Oh, crap!)
- The Spanish mexian speakers villagers are slow, fearless and dumb (yeah, that's the way we are)
- There is a weird guy following you wherever you go who sells you weapons (it's also common in Spain)
- The money is on "pesetas" of course (What is euro?)
- There is a big bearded guy who can kill you a few times, but he rather injects you (smart guy indeed)
- Ada Wongs is there too... emmm... this chick loves problems
- Did I say that she is dressed in a one piece dress?
- Stupid villagers are stupid, but they can plant bombs (in Spain everybody knows)
- Oh! The stupid villagers can take more than five gunshots (yeah, as you probably guess, spanish guys are tough)
- Well, I only played a few hours so I cannot say much more than that, but you get my point... and it's a shame because I loved Resident Evil 1 and 2.
Yeah, I'm beating Final Fantasy VII again. This time with the initial weapon of each character, this way is a little more challenging and amusing. I recommend this challenge to everyone, is not very difficult and is funnier.
I don't know why I don't get tired of this game. I've been playing it once per year since it was released and I still enjoy each one of my games. That is the reason I think FFVII is the best game I ever played... because it's the only one that keeps me playing for ten years.
ALSO: Advent Children, Last Order and Dirge of Cerberus are pure crap. And what annoys me the most is that now, when you search for "Final Fantasy" you get a bunch of FF:AC and FF:DC results and a few real FFVII ones... disgusting.
ALSO 2: I'm in Holland again, that's because I'm writing again.
Hello everyone, I'm very busy these days because of the chritmas stuff and a few video games I had on the library waiting for me. One of these games was Sanitarium and since I've always read good things about it I decided to play it first... and it was a very good decision.
Old School adventure flavour, gore and scary elements, serious and dark plot and excelent 2D graphics. These are some of the things you are going to find in Sanitarium. I don't know what do you think, but in my opinion all these things I mentioned are just perfect for a good adventure. Purple talking tentacles and three headed monkeys too... but that is another topic.
Also, the game is not too long, which is good, because as I've said I don't have much time (I hate these games so damn long that you end totally bored of them).
I'm not going to tell you nothing about the plot because is one of the most interesting things in the game. But I'm going to give you an advice: play it. Well, I'm going to give you two advices: if you play it on Windows XP you should disable your DirectDraw option, otherwise the game will frequently crash.
Conclusion: Play it!
You will like it:
- If you like adventures
- If you like "dark" games
- If you like good games
You will dislike it:
- If you are a graphic whore
- If you don't like adventures games
- If you hate because of my grammar
PS: Sorry for the crappy grammar. I try my best. I'm studying english on my own because in the school I've learned a shit. Peace.
Now is time to vote the best mod of the year: here
At first (a few years ago) I was very skeptical about mods using, but when I tried my first Baldur's Gate mod a new world opened in front of my eyes. New characters, new items, new enemies, new stories... whatever I wanted. Then I tried Civilization and Morrowind mods and the experience was the same: f*cking great. So I do not know if you usually use mods in your games, but if you don't, you should at least take a look at the link above and taste one or two of them.
This is really odd...
By the way, if you are one of these Baldur's Gate freaks who still plays the game trying every good mod released... you are insane, like me.
Well guys, gotta go. I have to buy christmas gifts for me :)
Yeah! It works! That's a good sumarize of my experience, but since I don't like to suck I'm gonna explain in which way it works to me.
First, the OS installation is pretty easy. In my case I installed my old Windows 98 and the only thing I did was: use a bootable win98 disk, do two simple steps and install Windows. Pretty easy.
Second, once you have done the OS installation you just have... another PC running in a window. And for me, that I love to play old games is perfect. I tried a few of my old games that do not run on Win XP and they look perfect on the Virtual PC.
Third, I'm on Spain for Christmas, YAY!!! So probably I will not write everyday like I was doing before. Yeah well... what a problem eh?
OK, yes, is a short post but I have a beautiful girl friend on her way to my home, soooo... See you.
Yeah! I've finished the game today and now I'm going to start with the third one. But before that, I want to share my opinions about the game with you (I'm soooo generous). Also, I'm leaving tomorrow morning to my hometown (Málaga, Spain), as some of you already know I'm studying in Holland for a time and I'm coming back for Christmas. So in the six hours travel I will have a loooot of time to burn my Nintendo DS. Life telling aside, let's start with the short review:
Is a little worse than the first one. But if you liked the first one you will like it. That's all.
You will like it:
- If you like Phoenix Wright
- If you like weird haired attorneys
- If you like Mia's breast
You will dislike it:
- If you don't like Phoenix Wright
- If you don't like to rise objections
- If you like vegetables more than ice cream
Phoenix Wright 2 is more of the same and worse that the first one... But it's OK, is a good game after all. Also, Pearl is SOOO CUTE!!