I'm a gamer of all sorts (except sport & racing games).
I'm Scotch-Korean with a hint of Native American.
I got the nickname Gobun from playing Monster Hunter Freedom. I decided I was mainly going to be playing with the Bowgun. In my infinite cleverness, I switched the "B" and the "G" around and threw out the "W" in the word bowgun and BAM.
This is me.
I'm drunk as fuck in this picture and so is Starkey. Whatevs, I still look good.
Favorite Games 1. Donkey Kong Country 2
2. Dead Rising
3. Mother 3
4. Resident Evil (Gamecube)
5. Metal Gear Solid
6. No More Heroes
8. Super Smash Bros Brawl
9. Demon's Souls
10. Chrono Trigger
Games That Make Me Disapoint. The Sabotuer.
My Art Gallery
By the amazing Manic Maverick
By the talented Zombieplatypus
By the incredible Max Powers
Changston Dreams of the Sexiest Rivals by Zombieplatypus
Blah blah blah, it's me, Gobun. Lets be honest, I'm jumping on this bandwagon because I love myself some attention and it seems to be my only form of nourishment these days.
Bonus: I lost 30 weights since the picture on the right column. Beastmodo
10. I'm 6'1. 6'2 on a good day. Above average height master race reporting in. Feels good man. I've met some of you people and ya'lls be small. Or freakishly lanky *COUGH MAX COUGH*
9. I'm slowly destroying myself for the greater good with cigarettes. Progressing very well so far. Best part is, I'm enjoying it. Mmmmm mmmmmm.
8. I've had this leather cap since I was about 17. Which means this hat will have been around for almost 5 years. I love this fucking hat.
7. I'm an attention whore. Lets not kid ourselves. I dunno what it is. I'd say issues, but more like volumes.
6. If you look up the word "Vanity" in the dictionary, you can see a picture of me doing a duck face. If you counted how much time I spend looking at myself in the mirror everyday you'd get about 20 minutes. Easily.
5. I rarely play video games anymore. These past couple months, it feels like all of my technology is breaking around my. This computer I'm typing to you on is on its last legs as it is. No more consoles except my fucking Wii and 3DS. Overall though, I'm pretty bored with all its got to offer me lately. Everything is starting to feel really samey, and just kind boring to me. It doesn't help that shit like "On disc DLC" exists either. Haven't bought a capcom game since, what? MvC3. Fuck that noise dude. Sure it might be a fucking business. But I like to think of it like this: "Would you pay an extra 5 dollars for a movie ticket (That already costs 13 dollars in my area) to see the first 15 minutes of the movie you already payed admission to?". Fuck that, I got other shit to do like...
4. Listening to a fuck ton of music. It's been a long way since I've been that guy that only listens to hits. Or single tracks. I have about 30 days of continuous play of music, and thats not me bragging. Thats me saying I'm still way off from what I would like to say is a "decent" collection of music. Here are some opinions as well as other shit:
>"The Avalanches - Since I Left You" continues to be my favorite album of all time. Feel bad saying it, but found them through the YTMND soundtrack back when I stomped around there when they were still good.
>"Nullsleep - Supernova Kiss" is the most emotional chiptune album you'll ever hear
>Can't get into "The Mars Volta". I'm sorry as fuck.
>"Sleigh Bells - Reign of Terror" was pretty solid album. Had some weak songs though.
>I like modern ragtime/freakfolk/hobocore/folkpunk/fuckidunnoman
>Took me about a year and a half to get into the Animal Collective as well as Neutral Milk Hotel. But I finally understand those feels.
>I would totally bang Kreayshawn's Mom. She used to be in garage/surf punk bands. Look her up
Which brings me to:
3.I love me some cute chubby girls No not morbidly obese. Good lord get that image out of your head. I dunno bro, I'm just like way more physically attracted to thicker women. Most skinny women don't do anything for me. Most of em are also the most boring people I've ever met. Jesus. I'm just like, what do you do other than party? Nothing? Okay. Great.
2. Lately, I've been called hipster a lot. Thas kewl I guess. Although I consider myself more indie (hurr) But for realizies, what the fuck does it even mean to be a hipster anymore? It's funny because I see the word "hipster" as just another buzzword to describe something as "different or something I don't fucking understand". Das cool though, go ahead.
1. Around this time 3 years ago, I posted a picture of myself completely nude on the forums. Only thing in the picture that was covering my junk was a Game Boy Micro which was made possible by a brilliant tuck job done by yours truly. Why did I do it? For pewps and teehees and because I had to beat someone at their own game. Too bad I lost the picture forever.
Thats it. The most I've fucking written in a long time.
EDIT: LIGHTNING ROUND
0. I love talking to people, actually. As much as I love to say I hate almost everything, talking and being around people is something:
A. I'm really good at (So I think)
B. Something I like doing
Especially meeting other Destructoid members. All of you are way more interesting than myself.