I'm Freefall, a 20 year old gamer from the UK.
Currently at University and balancing my time.
I'm an avid Video Gamer, I'm into every kind of game there is, games are a part of my life.
Destuctoid is the Best and Most Random Community there is, that's why I'm here.
It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, and I'm out on a journey to save the world... Man, I love video games.
I might just drop in a few Opinions here and there, So
Don't mind me.
May your life be like toilet paper... Long, and useful
Who Am I? I once went to the cinema and watched a 3D movie. As I was walking out, a guy with his 3D glasses still on yelled, "Woah, everything is 3D!" I was one of the 10 people that put their glasses back on to check.
I was looking at my to-do list on my laptop. Near the bottom of the list, already crossed out, was written "time travel" I have no recollection of writing that.
Once, there were only two brownies left. I decided I should eat them both so that they wouldn't be lonely. I am completely satisfied with my decision.
That's who I am.
Most Games Completed In a Year= 2009:
Tomb Raider Legend
Gears of war 2
Knights of the Old Republic
Oddworld: Strangers Wrath
Knights of the Old Republic II
Left 4 Dead
Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force
Prince of Persia
Drawn To Life
World of Goo
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines
Jet Set Radio Future
Resident Evil 5
Star Trek: Elite Force II
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Plants vs Zombies
Perfect Dark Zero
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Secret Files: Tunguska
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
The Secret of Monkey Island: SE
Ninja Gaiden 2
No One Lives Forever
Earth Defense Force 2017
Half-Life 2: Episode 1
Gears of War
No One Lives Forever 2
Beyond Good & Evil
Star Trek: Shattered Universe
Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis
Left 4 Dead
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Max Payne 2
Timesplitters: Future Perfect
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Starcraft: Brood War
System Shock 2
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Shadow of Destiny
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Or How I learned to start worrying about 11 Sequels I would Kill for
Some sequels will never happen, I've learned to live with that painful truth. But while I am crying myself to sleep in a corner, let me tell you of the most painful tragedies. In a day and age of many poor sequels and spin-offs, the forgotten ones are unable to live on.
11. Prince of Persia (2008) 2 Let's face it, PoP 2008 wasn't well received by the old fans, but I, myself, enjoyed it immensely. It ended at a bloody cliffhanger, so we all expected a sequel. But instead of doing a sequel to a beautiful game, we get Prince of Persia: The Game Based On The Movie Based On The Game. B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T. So is PoP2008 deserving of a sequel? Just about, sequels are meant for improvement, I believe that if there were to be a sequel, it would have a chance to improve by miles; just look at Assassin's Creed 2, I can't even count the number of improvements they made.
10. Jade Empire 2 Often regarded as one of Bioware's most under-appreciated games, Jade Empire had a wonderful world, a great story and a good real-time combat system. Imagine the possibilities! The world is big enough for a sequel, I'd love to see the Jade Empire of the future! It's just a shame we'll never get to see it.
9. Republic Commando 2 (Imperial Commando?) This is one of the most tragic things on this list. Because Republic Commando did get a sequel, a shitty one on the mobile phone: Republic Commando: Order 66. But luckily for us, it's not canon! Yaaay. The bad news it that Lucusarts would rather make another Sub-par Force Unleashed game. Boo! Republic Commando may not have been original, but it took the best of squad shooters and put it in a well imagined Star Wars universe. The weapons each felt useful, there wasn't 30 of the same submachine gun for example, the droids were formidable (A Room full of SBD's, and destroyers anyone?) and the Wookies looked amazing, huge powerful beasts that easily rip enemies apart. Some people need to understand that there is more to star wars than freakin' Jedi, much more, I'm almost sick of the Jedi/Sith rubbish. There was no reason to forget about this potential franchise, but it's just another casualty in the war. Sev? SEV? SEEEEEEEEEEEV!!!!
8. The Longest Journey 2 I'm not talking about Dreamfall, I'm talking about an actual sequel starring my favorite protagonist; April Ryan. The Longest Journey captured the hearts of many adventure gamers, but all we got was a spin off called Dreamfall instead of a sequel; don't get me wrong, I loved the story of Dreamfall, but the gameplay was, quite frankly, appalling.
The games were supposed to go: The Longest Journey, Dreamfall, Dreamfall Chapters, The Longest Journey 2. Unfortunately, the way Funcom is going, with the falling Age of Conan and The Secret World, two MMO's destined to fail, we won't ever see another Long, single-player Journey.
7. No One Lives Forever 3 The NOLF franchise, regarded as amazing games that sold extremely poorly. We could have really used a light-hearted, comical Spy warfare game this day and age. When will people realize that we don't want 'Darker Sequels' we want our favorite characters, locations and story to continue! The thing about NOLF is that not many people knew about it, yet everyone knows about F.E.A.R and average action-horror FPS, where is the justice in that? If you haven't heard of a certain game called No One Lives Forever, then do yourself a favor; get it now, enjoy it later. Then send thousands of emails to Monolith begging for a sequel.
6. System Shock 3 BioShock is a good game right? Yes? Now play System Shock and System Shock 2.... BioShock is a good game right? No? It is a simplistic FPS? Why that's right Lassie! System Shock 2 gave birth to THE best villain of all time, SHODAN, it would be a crime not to give her another game, you see, System Shock 2 managed to be a stand alone story that is fully complete, let still leaves room for a sequel. Without spoiling anything for those who have not played System Shock 2, let's just say that SHODAN is live and kicking and ready for a sequel that will never be. I'll see you when BioShock 4 comes around.
5. Jedi Knight 4 (Jedi Academy 2?) Oh, the Jedi Knight series, it was only a matter of time before I got here. I love this series to death, the story of Kyle Katarn and his Lightsaber was passed down to a -Create-Your-Own-Character padawan in Jedi Academy, although the story didn't quite stand on its own two feet, the gameplay it what counted, Lightsabers in this game do what they are supposed to: Cut-Through-Shit. Want to chop that stormtroopers arm off? Go right ahead. Want to lop that dark jedi's arm and leg off? Have fun! You see, these are the only true Jedi where you actually feel like a true Jedi, with a true jedi weapon, not a big plastic glowing rod. Just another casualty of LucasArts.
4. Homeworld 3 THE best 3D RTS space sim, bar none. Homeworld showed us that Real Time Strategy games could have an emotional and heart-felt story, without ever directly showing people. Imagine the scale a third game could have had? What I'd give to see the Mothership again. ALL SHIPS AUTO LAUNCHING. Kharack is burning, there aint nothing that can ever stop that. Eat your Command and Conquer, I'll stay with Homeworld, re-playing them until the apocalypse comes.
3. Timesplitters 4 ARgh! We almost had this one, but it slipped away from our grasp at the last year. Free Radical was assimilated by Crytek, you'd think that the rights to a much loved franchise that makes people laugh with tears of joy would be important enough for production. All we got was some concept art of a monkey. What a disappointment. Timepslitters co-op and Multi-player will be sorely missed, you see, most my friends never experienced this, but by the time I found out about it, it was too late.
2. Psychonauts 2 Everybody loves Psychonauts and would love more, that it a pure fact. Tim Schafer does not do sequels, that is also a pure fact. Mr. Schafer creates amazing stories, but his company, Double Fine, aren't the best at creating the gameplay in these worlds. Psychonauts was so full of charm and character, that everyone instantly fell in love with it, heck, Psychonauts even managed to give an ending which set itself perfectly up for a fun-loving sequel, imagine going into the minds of real killers and Psychopaths as a member of the Psychonauts, unveiling a conspiracy that threatens the very world. Here I go again, I'll have to forget about this one as well.
1. Freespace 3 Incoming ships. Hostile configuration. The most amazing space simulator to ever grace this earth, even TIE FIGHTER can't hold a candle to this juggernaut, the scale of this game is just beyond words, ships, thousands of kilometers long blasting at each other, while you and the other fighter pilots fly in-between, knocking out vital systems and trying to out-maneuver those assault fighters with your tiny bomber that packs a punch. Freespace 2 plays on any computer, I'd highly recommend picking it up and cowering in the glory of the campaign. Just try not to think what it would look like if there was a sequel in this day and age, oh god, I'm drooling just thinking about it. I'd better stop here.
So there you go. 11 Games we will never ever see. I'm confident about that, even though it breaks my heart. If by some miracle, these are made, I will eat my shoe and do the dance of Joy while cartwheeling naked down my street. Fight the Power!