Friday Night Fights is a weekly event where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
It's almost Soul Sacrifice DLC time again. Next week, we get the Ogre and the Dwarf, in "Time of Light Green". More likely, "Hour of..." and I suspect the light green business is some translation shenanigans.
And it's not the dwarf, it's really three dwarves, wearing barrels, sitting on each other's shoulders. And they want to get the legendary Chalice, which will grant any wish, to get boozed up drinking out of it. I think the extent of their wish is that the chalice hold liquids. That's kind of a nice change from the tragic backstories of almost every other boss, but the DLC bosses come with their own lore pages. There's plenty of space to include something sad.
I've also got details on the three DLC packs after this too, with boss weaknesses and curse break rewards, new sigils, interface tweaks, and new characters. Yeah, that's right, characters. Aren't you tempted now?
I'm also considering changing the name to something a little more appropriate. Soon, we might be having PS4 friday night fights and we're having Vita games now. "Sony FNF" seems a little too brand-loyal, but maybe "PS FNF" is alright. Opinions?
Welcome to the PS3 side of Destructoid's Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the Destructoid community get together online to play games and all you need to join is a user account. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that you may need.
If you want to play, leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN name. You should also send a PSN friend request to the host, including a message to say who you are here on Destructoid so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, host it yourself! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so people know what, when and who. It's also wise to list DLC requirements, game or server names, and anything else people might need to join just so you don't need to message it to everyone individually. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend with Clockwork-Zombie Time: 8pm
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 with Clockwork-Zombie Time: 9pm
Soul Sacrifice with Trev Time: 11pm
Toro's Friend Network with Clockwork-Zombie Time: ALL THE TIME, FOREVER
This does not have multiplayer and is not even really a game, but you should get on here so I can put you to work.
I'm not sure there are boss trailers for these two, so here's some gameplay instead.