Welcome to the home of PS3 Friday Night Fights here at Destructoid.
Friday Night Fights is a weekly event here at Destructoid where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
One of the many things I follow online is news about comics. Something that came up semi-recently (or not at all recently, perhaps, due to skipping weeks) was Wonder Woman. A porn parody, to be specific. My question? What episode of the Twilight Zone are we living in that the porn parody costume looks both better produced and more authentic than the one from the pilot for a real, official television show? In their defense, the TV show people did actually try to fix theirs a little bit following the reaction to the promo shot. They made the boots red, found some pants that don't look like they're made from pool toy plastic, and did away with the hooker-tastic makeup.
That really doesn't change that, regardless of it's source, the other one is just flat out better. It's a classic design with the more ridiculous elements fixed up; just a couple of stars, more muted colors. Say what you like about the trend for modern movie costumes, but I think bright colors on costumes like that tend to look ridiculous rather than authentic. It even looks more reasonable in the bust.
I understand they are going to try again on a WW show due to the success of Arrow. With any luck, someone will realize a hoplite style skirt looks better than both of them.
PS-- Alright, guys. I work full time and occasionally try to sleep at night. The thread was dead for two days. I might get the others added on my break.
Welcome to the PS3 side of Destructoid's Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the Destructoid community get together online to play games and all you need to join is a user account. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that you may need.
If you want to play, leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN name. You should also send a PSN friend request to the host, including a message to say who you are here on Destructoid so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, host it yourself! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so we can put it on the schedule. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.