Welcome to the home of PlayStation Friday Night Fights.
Friday Night Fights is a weekly event where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
Even the monsters are surprised the Vita has games.
It appears you need to play through the first chapter of the Soul Sacrifice demo before you have the ability to play online. The wizard trial, or whatever it's called, is six parts and not too difficult. I think I only died once while learning the controls, and that was after I broke my healing spell. Spamming is bad. But then there's all sorts of arm seals and spell crafting and upgrading and big, ridiculous hats in the character customizer.
Instant game collection is better than I imagined too. For my year subscription, I got Uncharted, Disgaea 3, Gravity Rush, and Wipeout straight away. If my PS+ ever lapses and I still want to play these games, I'm sure they'll be cheap enough to just buy and it will be worth it if I'm still hooked on them over a year later.
Welcome to the PS3 side of Destructoid's Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the Destructoid community get together online to play games and all you need to join is a user account. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that you may need.
If you want to play, leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN name. You should also send a PSN friend request to the host, including a message to say who you are here on Destructoid so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, host it yourself! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so we can put it on the schedule. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.