Welcome to the home of PS3 Friday Night Fights here at Destructoid.
Friday Night Fights is a weekly event here at Destructoid where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
Managed to get out of the house and go see Prometheus last night. I thought it was pretty solid and I enjoyed it. Thumbs up all around. E3 happened, that was interesting and well, controversial as always. Lot of people saying that Nintendo won this year, I have to say I disagree, of the three main conferences, Sony seemed the most solid and with fewer vague "we're going to revolutionize gaming" statements. Plus, the HUGE PS+ release this month was awesome. I got enough games out of it to justify the cost of my subscription for the next couple years at least. And I didn't have to sit through some terrible pop star to do it! The two things I'll give Nintendo is that their conference was more "fun" than the others, from the Zombie Reggie to the Bananas there's joy in Nintendo yet, plus in spite of it not being a game for me, the fact that they actually did a live demo of Just Dance 2 where Reggie actually fucked with the dancer/players was great. I want to see more of that sort of thing, I'm sure they were frustrated when they goofed up, but for me that really helped show that it was a live thing and not scripted. Go them.
Add to the general E3 frustrations and celebrations the release of "Premium" features for Battlefield 3 and people were in a right proper fury this week. I plopped down the cash for it, we'll see if I regret the decision or not, but I can openly say that I do really like the Close Quarters maps and guns, they've gotten me excited to play again and that's good.
So with all that out of the way let's get our fights on!
Welcome to the PS3 side of Destructoid's Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the Destructoid community get together online to play games. FNF is an event run by and for the community, so everyone is welcome to join. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that might be required.
If you want to play, we need to know who you are. Leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN ID. You should also send a PSN friend request to the hosts, including a message to say who you are here on Destructoid so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, don't just sit there and whine about it. Anyone can host a game for FNF! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so we can put it on the schedule. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend with Trev Time: 8pm
Starhawk with Trev Time: 9pm
Modes: Zones, CTF, and TDM. Maps: Whatever I feel like. All-talk: on. Booze: Optional but responsibly encouraged. Good times will be had.
Space Marine 40,000 with Cornflake Time: 10pm
Once you've unlocked the armor customizer at level 4, paint your helmet "scorpion green" and join our chapter of Destructoid Marines. Any other customization you'd like is fair game; making anything more specific was too hard anyway. If you are a plus subscriber you should have access to a free download for the game which includes the online pass.
Battlefield 3 with Cornflake Time: 11pm
Join the platoon. I would like to play Close Quarters stuff, but am happy to play RegField 3 if people have not picked up the CQ DLC. Please let me know in the comments if you want to play and if you have the CQ DLC.
Ghost Recon Future Soldier Campaign Co-op with Elsa Time: 11pm
Elsa has not tried hosting co-op before, but it should just be a matter of ensuring anyone who wants to play is on her buddy list... She has not played the campaign at all yet.