Friday Night Fights is a weekly event where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
I don't know what enemy that is, which suit that is, or what guns are strapped together there, and I would really, really like to.
Ha ha. Fooled you! There's also Dead Space. I am pumped for Dead Space 3. I'm anticipating plenty of answers about the markers and Unitology, because it's about goddamned time we got some and I think they're too smart to run it into the ground like was done with Assassin's Creed. Oh yeah, I played the demo.
But since I'm shamelessly plugging that so I can share my DS3 experience with you, I need to talk about and/or shamelessly steal something else here. You know, get all that shame-lacking out in one go. The MURDER SWORD: A power sword that you can give to almost any of the non-special character HQs. Before the game you declare one enemy model to be the target of the MURDER SWORD. Once the wielder of the MURDER SWORD comes into base contact with the model during Assault, the MURDER SWORD doubles the users strength, the weapon becomes AP1 and gains Instant Death due to its special rule, MURDER. While it's awesome to use with excessive brute force, The MURDER SWORD can also be used in other ways. Let's get the obvious out of the way: the enemy character chosen to be MUREDERED (from now on called the corpse) is going to do everything in his power to avoid getting near the character who owns the MURDER SWORD.With this piece of cake, any Chaos Lord, or even a buffed Sorcerer (not saying Daemon princes) can kill any vanilla HQ and almost all Special characters in ONE round of combat(as long they don't have Eternal warrior). The MURDER SWORD has a... say, "Hazard Aura", where the corpse won't enter. This depends, of course, on the movement range of the MURDER SWORD's owner, his transport, or anything that makes him cover more ground and assault. You can take advantage of this. Place the wielder of the MURDER SWORD where you think the corpse can make the most harm and enjoy seeing the look on your opponent's face when he figures out that you've ruined his battle-plan and rendered his special snowflake useless. Even more, you can use this to make the corpse go where you want him to be, like within sight of your tanks, alone in a corner... your call. It's difficult to master, but you'll enjoy it when it succeeds. However, be aware that no one likes being trolled that way, so expect that the wielder of the MURDER SWORD and whatever squad he hangs out with, if any, will become the greatest fire magnet you've ever seen, so kit the wielder accordingly. And even this can be used to your advantage... Basically, give it to a Tzeenchian Sorcerer on Disc (3+/3++), stick him into a huge blob of Cultists and enjoy trolling.
Welcome to the PS3 side of Destructoid's Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the Destructoid community get together online to play games. FNF is an event run by and for the community, so everyone is welcome to join. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that might be required.
If you want to play, we need to know who you are. Leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN ID. You should also send a PSN friend request to the hosts, including a message to say who you are here on Destructoid so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, don't just sit there and whine about it. Anyone can host a game for FNF! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so we can put it on the schedule. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.
Battlefield 3 with Elsa Time: 10:30
Rush and Domination. If you're not on my buddy list, send me a note clarifying you're with Dtoid and I'll add. Squads only hold 4, but just join the game I'm in if the squad is full and we'll just make sure everyone uses team chat instead of squad chat.
Anarchy Reigns with Trev Time: 11
Survival, Mad Survival, Team Battle, or Death Ball. Mics encouraged.
Anarchy Reigns with Epic-Kx Time: 11:30
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine with Trev Time: 1am
I don't even know if this is going to work. Poor THQ. MURDER SWORDS.