Friday Night Fights is a weekly event where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
So I spent most of the last week running through "Archer" which is apparently a lot funnier drunk than sober and still funny sober after the initial few episodes are out of the way. Yay utterly absurd super spy antics. Highly suggest it, it has pirates, and drunks, and a running gag involving people being deafened temporarily then running around with a finger in their ear repeating "Mahp, maaahp, mahp!" to themselves trying to hear again. It makes me happy even if the animation is mediocre at best.
Also? Tom Fucking Selleck
Alongside that, Netflix and Cartoon Network apparently made a deal awhile back and that's finally come to fruition, so lots of excellent stuff has made it's way to the little red square on all my electronic devices. Samurai Jack, Adventure Time, Johnny "Woah Momma" Bravo, really really good stuff so yeah, I'm going to go watch that now instead of working on this.
So throw on your Tactical Turtlenecks and let's get down to games!
P.S. On a note related to actual video games, what's the deal with the Anarchy Reigns DLC? Is any of it any good?
Welcome to the PS3 side of Destructoid's Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the Destructoid community get together online to play games. FNF is an event run by and for the community, so everyone is welcome to join. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that might be required.
If you want to play, we need to know who you are. Leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN ID. You should also send a PSN friend request to the hosts, including a message to say who you are here on Destructoid so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, don't just sit there and whine about it. Anyone can host a game for FNF! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so we can put it on the schedule. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend with Trev Time: 8pm PSN: ElZilcho
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 with NeedMoMana Time: 8pm PSN: Crimzon-Bail Your PSN name is different from your other one which is correct?
Call of Duty: Black Ops II with KimikoLoco Time: 9pm PSN: KimikoLoco
Anarchy Reigns Time: 9pm PSN: Tanookiboy17 Fair Warning, I'm a little confused as to who is hosting and what the deal with this listing is so YOU SHOULD SEND FRIEND REQUESTS AND ORGANIZATIONAL MESSAGES EARLY.
Anarchy Reigns with NeedMoMana Time: 10pm PSN: Crimzon-Bail Your PSN name is different from your other one which is correct?