Friday Night Fights is a weekly event where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
Yes, that is a bunch of transforming robots super sentai posing in front of an explosion.
So here I am trying to think of something to say about Anarchy Reigns. Last night, I hosted a private match in which Clockwork and I battled an evil car on what appears to be some sort of deep sea oil drilling platform. It could pounce and had a gun on the roof. And tusks. It also had tusks. I was playing as Douglas, who is basically Big O with a grouchy old man face, and Clockwork was Mathilda, whose belt turns into a huge club with laser spikes.
I recall someone commenting on the review that they were only interested in the game because Bayonetta was in it. First, only being interested in an out of place immigrant from another game is pretty silly when the rest of the cast is as colorful as it is in Anarchy Reigns. There's Big O(ld Man), Girl Bruce Lee with Lightning Nunchucks, Robot Bull with jetpack that transforms into rocket-propelled hammer, Gun-leg tiger man, Blue fire elbows and laser claws guy, and Rapidly mutating fat man in pig mask. If you're upset about missing out on the most boring character in the game, then I don't know what else to say to you other than next time I play survival, I'm picking the Drill-Armed Transformer that turns into a rocket surfboard which other characters can ride on and fire machineguns from. Maybe then we'll be able to beat the guys in the header image.
This week, I'm off making dinner for my brother's birthday. I like knowing that I can do something well enough that doing it can be a gift, but it means I won't be playing games with all of you. Instead: tacos. I'm sure you'll make it without me and Space Marine for one night.
Welcome to the PS3 side of Destructoid's Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the Destructoid community get together online to play games. FNF is an event run by and for the community, so everyone is welcome to join. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that might be required.
If you want to play, we need to know who you are. Leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN ID. You should also send a PSN friend request to the hosts, including a message to say who you are here on Destructoid so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, don't just sit there and whine about it. Anyone can host a game for FNF! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so we can put it on the schedule. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.