Friday Night Fights is a weekly event where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
I've played about ten minutes of the new Borderlands 2 DLC. I simply couldn't stomach more of it. The initial mission has you clearing the pirates out of Oasis and we killed a bunch of level 29 pirates and got level 15 loot as a reward. Following that, we ventured out into a desert of invisible walls and ramps. At one point, I found myself hovering ten feet over some rocks on an invisible ramp which extended far beyond the visible rocks. There was also an invisible wall blocking an otherwise accessible archway.
Overall, though, I'm not sure what they were thinking here. A bunch of new missions to get XP rewards, but no level cap increase. Still no good use for eridium, but they'll add a new currency. A bunch of new guns, but no more storage space to put them in. I can't be the only one that already has a collection of stuff they don't want to throw away. Moreso, the issue is that your total storage is far less than the first game and storage was a problem then too.
Oh, and that new currency? Only comes from the new super-boss, apparently. You can only fight it once per day. Given a week or so, you might get enough to buy a new gun. That sure isn't totally obnoxious. I mean, a repetitive task I do for like half an hour every weekday? That's more homework than video games. I really don't have a reason to play this until either there's another update or another DLC that makes this slog worthwhile.
It's like they had a list of things I wanted and liked, and then checked them off as they were avoided. Really dodged a bullet there, I almost had some fun.
Welcome to the PS3 side of Destructoid's Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the Destructoid community get together online to play games. FNF is an event run by and for the community, so everyone is welcome to join. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that might be required.
If you want to play, we need to know who you are. Leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN ID. You should also send a PSN friend request to the hosts, including a message to say who you are here on Destructoid so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, don't just sit there and whine about it. Anyone can host a game for FNF! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so we can put it on the schedule. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.