Welcome to the home of PS3 Friday Night Fights here at Destructoid.
Friday Night Fights is a weekly event here at Destructoid where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.
Today we honor the 71st anniversary of the attacks on Pearl Harbor and I think it’s important to take a moment to remember our history and reflect on it. I think it’s good to recall our past, especially events such as these, as gamers have an important role in remembering history and its conflicts, so many of them are used to inspire the stories and games we play. I know of at least a couple games that let you play through the attacks on Pearl Harbor, and have played at least a dozen World War II games over the years, probably more than that really. From the satisfying “ping” of the M1 Garand on the war-torn battlefields across Europe to a devastating attack on our own soil, our history lives on in spectacular fashion and plays out in front of our eyes in a way that many folks never get to experience.
Welcome to the PS3 side of Destructoid's Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the Destructoid community get together online to play games. FNF is an event run by and for the community, so everyone is welcome to join. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that might be required.
If you want to play, we need to know who you are. Leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN ID. You should also send a PSN friend request to the hosts, including a message to say who you are here on Destructoid so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, don't just sit there and whine about it. Anyone can host a game for FNF! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so we can put it on the schedule. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.
Payday: The Heist with Trev Time: 8pm PSN: ElZilcho This is a game that requires teamwork. Bring a mic.
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed with ckarasu Time: 9pm PSN: ckarasu
Battlefield 3 : PEARL HARBOR EDITION with KymikoLoco Time: 10pm PSN: KimikoLoco Join the platoon.
Killzone 3 with Epic-Kx Time: 1030pm PSN: UncannySilk
Blod a Bloppity: Bloop Bloop with Time: 11pm PSN:KimikoLoco I just can’t say it with a straight face, I don’t have Zilcho’s self con-BLOOPITY!
Dark Souls with Trev Time: The End of the Night PSN: ElZilcho Demon's Souls multiplayer is restricted by level, based on the player that will be in body form. If you're going to join someone you will have to make sure you are within range.