10. My first favorite game was "Food Fight" for the Atari 7800. Pwning pedophile chefs with pies was glorious. Of course, back then I didn't think they were pedophiles... it's just in retrospect a bunch of grown men following a young boy it just sort of seems,, ya know... that they wanted the kid to eat their ice cream cone.
9. I was 7 when my pet hamster "Buster," died (named after Buster Bunny), and I refused to look at his corpse when my dad found it. I wept.
8. I've worked at a steakhouse slingin' meat for 7 freaking years. I got the job when I was 16 and just haven't left. I figure after that long, my next job better damn well be a career. Also, these are served there, all 3,200 calories worth:
7. I deeply love Death Metal. The more Scandinavian the better. Additionally, a burned CD with both Powerglove (video game metal band) albums on it has been in my car CD player since June '08. I saw them in December, and it was nerd-tastic.
6. I got the idea for my username from a awful animated version of Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale "The Snow Queen." Dimly was one of the troll henchmen, and I thought his name was possibly the coolest name for anyone ever. Stolen!
5. My early gaming years involved being very bad at Sega Master System games and watching my brother play Shinobi, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, and Penguin Land. Then one Christmas when I was nine my brother received a Sega Genesis w/ Sonic the Hedgehog, and I commandeered the system and earned my gaming wings. I was raised on Sega until the PlayStation era, when I started buying consoles on my own, thus becoming the all-around renaissance gamer I am today.
4. I love my girlfriend very much, and she is actually a brand new Dtoider! She goes by Maromi here. She loves anime, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Rick Astley (lulz!), wine, puppies & kitties, and me!
3. I'm a 23-year-old Minnesotan that wants terribly to break into the video game industry any way possible. I graduated recently from the U of MN with a degree in Sociology and some decent writing skills. I plan to develop my writing and get it to the quality where I can look someone in the eye and request money for my work. My first step down the long long road is writing over at www.gamerlimit.com.
2. After years of playing video games, computer games, typing out essays, playing metal on the guitar, playing Guitar Hero, and carrying trays as a server... I have finally developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I originally perceived this as the kiss of death for all gamers, but have since found ways to keep the inflammation under control. Here's to having the nerdiest syndrome possible!
1. I went as Dr. Wily for Halloween this year, and I'm already trying to think of what character-I-can-be-that-nobody-will-recognize next year!