10.I started running Japanator by accident. Niero wanted to do an anime site, and so I started talking about it. He realized that I had a fairly deep knowledge of anime and manga, and tossed the reigns to me. And thus, history was made.
9.I am a giant history nerd. Not just the stuff you'd expect, like Korea, Japan, and China, but medieval Europe and 19th century America are subjects that I just devour. Not only do I love reading about history, I also love talking about it. St. Bernard of Clairvaux ftw, by the way.
8. I am an Eagle Scout. And fucking proud of it. It's one of the biggest accomplishments of my life, and going through Boy Scouts, I've made friends that are still with me and I treasure like brothers. It's a wonderful experience for your kids -- just make sure the Scoutmaster isn't a dick. Our troop was easygoing, and as such we had a lot of fun -- but there were still parents that kept us in line and made sure we didn't fuck up in life, and I'm grateful for that.
7. Timeliness is a big thing for me. I just hate being late for anything. I've made a commitment to be somewhere at a certain time, and I do my utmost to honor that. And I expect you to do the same. If I've committed to meet with you or something, then that means I'm not involving myself with anything else just for you. I'd hope you'd respect that.
6. I will punch Necros for you. All you have to do is ask me to on GTalk.
5.I was born in Santa Barbara, California. I spent the first half of my life growing up in Santa Ynez (the setting for Sideways), and I have to admit, it was kinda boring. I mean, it was a nice, safe place to grow up in and play outside, but Jesus, everyone lived in a bubble there. I'm so glad I moved to Jersey. Best things of my life happened there.
4. I always bring a book with me. I guess going along with #7 and the idea of wasted time, I always carry a book with me to kill some downtime. Today it's Runaways Vol. 1.
3. The only time I've injured myself is when I cracked my chin open. I was balancing up on the granite counters back in Santa Ynez, waiting for my toast to finish, and my hands slipped out from under me. It actually didn't hurt that much. But I did bleed all over the place. What did hurt, though, and what made me cry, was the needle for the anesthetic before they went and put stitches in. That made me bawl like a baby.
2. I am not a weeaboo. Seriously. I do listen to J-Music, but the majority of my collection falls under 70's and 80s rock, along with ska and the like. I don't care about ethnicity when it comes to dating -- I've found Japanese chicks to be disproportionately annoying or unforthright with their feelings, and it annoys the hell out of me. Just give me a good ol' girl from the heartland, and I'll be happy.
1. I am actually a nice person. Ignore the part about punching Necros -- he definitely deserves it. But when I'm interacting with others, I always try to be cheery and polite, and none of this tentacle rape and bukkake stuff comes out. I'm fiercely loyal to my friends, and will do just about anything for them, without a word of complaint.