* I'm a jaded asshole with a chip on his shoulder and an overinflated sense of self-importance. I'm also notoriously lacking in the ability to let shit slide, so take that as a warning should you take it upon yourself to act like a dick-hole around me. I can dance all day motherfuckers.
* I have an old-school love of old-school games.
* I don't consider myself to be a hardcore gamer, if only because the term 'hardcore gamer' comes off like an elitist badge made for jerk-holes, so lacking in social skills that they can afford to spend the time and cash required to earn the label. Maybe that's not what it truly means, but we're all brought together by a love of the hobby, so fuck the bullshit labels and the horse they rode in on.
* I once killed a man just to watch him die. Then I skull-fucked the corpse.
* I'm still holding out hope that one day the Wii's potential will be met. Until then it's merely an interesting diversion.
* I'm a fan of gaming in all of it's forms, and think that being brand-loyal to the point of bias is silly, and gets in the way of truly enjoying the hobby.
* I don't have anything else to put here now, but can't stop typing these stupid bullet-points.
Anyway, all that aside, I'm just here to have a good time. Any like-minded individuals can feel free to add me to their friend's lists.
So, wow. I haven't been 'round this place forever. Last I checked in, I had just bought a 360. The thing came down with a nasty case of RRoD a few months after I bought it, and so I was out of the game for a bit. Early this year I replaced that son of a bitch with a new unit, and so far it has performed admirably. So far. I know it's death is as inevitable as my own, so I know that it's just a matter of time before I'm boxing this bad boy up and sending it to Microsoft, but I'm cool with that. So far it's working great and I couldn't be happier.
Well apparently I could be. As much as I love my 360, and I do, I wasn't content with owning just that and a Wii. I had to complete my collection of current-gen systems. Why? I have no clue. Maybe it's just the freedom of choice that owning all three systems allows that motivated me, or maybe it's that I'm still a geeky gamer at heart and had to have 'em all because I'm finally in a place financially to afford it. Whatever motivated me to do it, I am now the proud owner of a shiny new 40GB PS3.
So here I am once again, asking you folks for opinions on what I should check out for the thing. I've got Street Fighter IV and Soul Calibur IV for my fighting game needs, and I have Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction because I'm an unapologetic fan of the series. Beyond that, my shelf is looking a little bare. So help me out folks. What would you suggest that I look into? I'm pretty open to games of all genres as long as your suggestions are good examples of their respective genres. For example, I'm not a huge FPS fan, but if you suggest to me a must-play FPS, I'm more than willing to give it a look.