I've learned so much tonight, now I want to help others learn:
1. I'm on Rotten Tomatoes. It happened a month or so ago and is pretty much the most awesome thing ever. It's strange that the thing that really validates you as a film critic to a lot of people is being on that site. Some people I talk with don't take me seriously until I mention that and then they go, "Oh, so you're a real film critic!" I'm also a member of the Washington Area Film Critics Association.
2. I fell of a cliff when I was younger and broke my wrist. It still pops sometimes.
3. I coached a crew team in the Washington DC area. One practice it got so windy that we had to emergency dock one shell and the other filled with water and started sinking. The cops had to come and get it and then me and the other coach had to tow it back to the nearest boathouse and pump the water out of it. This was also the day after New Years so I was hung over and not dressed properly for being soaking wet. It is still the worst day ever, but not because of being wet and cold but because I had 14 kids lives in my hands and had to pretend I wasn't in just a much of a panic as they were.
4. I've been bungee jumping off of the second highest bungee jump in the world. It's in New Zealand and it was the scariest thing ever. I hate heights. My friends tell me the guy counted down from three five times before I jumped, but I seriously only heard the last one. Once you jump though...woh.
5. I've scuba dived the Great Barrier Reef, hiked the Great Wall of China and gotten drunk beyond belief in Paris. (I was trying to think of a third thing that began with great that I've done but as nothing came to me figured heavy drinking would do).
6. I can make my tongue into a W.
7. I can't sing and I can't dance, but that doesn't stop me from repeatedly trying too. See basically any footage Blindside has of me to confirm this. On second thought, don't.
8. I don't enjoy gaming online with others that much. I like having my friends around me when I'm playing, but when I hop online I feel awkward and out of place. Thus my serious lack of FNF time. It also doesn't help that I'm terribly middle of the road at gaming. I beat most games through persistence, not skill.
9. I'm pretty much unemployed of my own free will as I quit my job to concentrate more on writing movie reviews and blogging. I did this about three weeks before the economy really crashed with the intent of getting a job about two months ago. It's become a bit harder now, especially if I want to write somewhere like a newspaper. However, I would make the same decision over again because it has let me do something I love and I got to meet Hamza because of it.
10. I met my best friends in college in Australia. All three of us did JYA there, but had no idea who each other were. Then one night I bumped into one of them on a street corner in Sydney without even meaning too. I called him the wrong name for a week because I thought he was another guy. He sort of new the other guy was around. That night we ended up going to a strip club with a woman we are pretty sure was a hooker and her gay friend. I had to travel to the other side of the planet to find two people who literally lived five minutes away from me.