An avid player of tabletop and video games throughout his life, Conrad has a passion for unique design mechanics and is a nut for gaming history. Conrad formerly wrote news and produced video content for Destructoid (including Sup, Holmes?, Office Chat and Saturday Morning Hangover) and was a regular host on Podtoid.
The mere inclusion of Rodney Dangerfield can vastly improve anything. Films, music, toasters, anything. In particular, the force of Rodney Dangerfield could elevate video games to the level in which they are accepted by the mainstream as a true art form, bringing together people of all races, creeds and tax brackets in peace and harmony.
Do you have powerful memories of playing video games? Want an opportunity to win some cool Dtoid merch? Enter the RetRose Tinted Corrective Lenses cBlog Competition!
All you have to do to enter is write a cBlog post detailing one of your favorite retrogaming memories during the month of March. Our crack team of experts will then judge the entries and I'll cough up my hard-earned cash to give prizes to three winners. Complete competition rules after this message:
Contest Rules - One entry per participant.
- Entries will be accepted from 12am PST on March 1st until 11:59pm on March 31st.
- Entries must contain at least one image and link back to this post.
- Participants must PM me with a link to their entry; I will not be held responsible for missed posts.
- Entries will be judged by a panel based on the following criteria:
1. Entertainment Value: You story can be funny, or heartwarming or anything you like but it must entertain the judges.
2. Writing Skill: Use proper grammar and punctuation. Failing to do so will not outright disqualify you but poorly written posts are at a considerable disadvantage.
- Winners will be announced on April 3rd.
First Prize: A T-shirt of winner's choice from the Destructoid store.
Second and Third Prize: A Destructoid beanie
Runners-up (3): A Destructoid sticker pack.
And please read my weekly RetRose Tinted feature for more gaming nostalgia and retro-review.