My Name: Chad Nickell
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Final Fantasy IX
Shadow of the Colossus
Brave Fencer Musashi
Knights in the Nightmare
As most of you know, I am holding a contest for a copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. Perhaps one of the best RPGs ever made, in my opinion, I wanted to make sure that the contest for it was fitting. After some time, I finally hammered out some details.
Here's what you have to do, in case you need a reminder: Review a game. Almost any game will do, but do try to make it something different. Reading the 1,000th review of Skyrim is no fun. It can be a text or video review. Try to make it as entertaining as possible, but don't try to force it. Text reviews should be around 500-700 words long, at least. Video reviews should be at least 5 minutes long, if you go that route. The blog post, or video, should have the title "A piece of my mind" and then followed by the game you reviewed. Reposts are NOT accepted. The review must be made specifically for this contest. Sorry if it seems like a pain, but I want actual effort to be put into the contest.
1. I might have to restrict it to US only, unless people outside of the country are willing to split the bill. International shipping is pretty outrageous, and I'm kinda poor.
2. The deadline for the contest will be January 24th.
3. Up to 2 entries per person. This is mostly for if you feel your first entry was not up to snuff.
4. Entries can be on Youtube, Blogger, etc if you do not want to post on Destructoid. Just PM me a link to the entry. Or post a link to it here in the comments. I will post a list of entries here.
5. At least five different entries must be posted a week before the deadline, or the contest is over and no one wins. I want there to have to be a difficult choice, and having only 1 or 2 entries is kinda sad. I doubt it will come to this, though.
6. Try to incorperate pictures, or clips, of you playing the game into the review. It's not necessary, but it makes the review seem so much more entertaining. There are plenty of programs out there for this purpose, and there are a few free ones.
7. Depending on the amount of entries, and my financial situation, there may be additional prizes up for grabs.
Oh, and the game comes in the case and has the manual. Just in case there was any doubt. I also tested it to make sure it works, and it does.