In case you haven't heard, Chad Concelmo is officially leaving Destructoid to start an amazing career writing for Nintendo! I wish him all the best, but I will definitely miss his presence here. It was actually Chad's excitable, enthusiastic writing that drew me to Destructoid in the first place, so he's partly responsible for me becoming a member of this community. I loved how obviously passionate he was about video games, and I hoped to find others like him at Destructoid, and sure enough there were plenty of passionate gamers to be found here!
Chad also sort of influenced the way I write, and he inspired me to write a few Top 10 lists because I enjoyed reading his so much. So in honor of Chad's departure, I thought I'd make a list of 10 Awesome Things about Chad Concelmo for the recaps tonight! Enjoy!
10. Chad has possibly the most adorable dog of anyone at Destructoid (although Dale's corgi is a close second!). His dog Luna is just awesome :)
9. He thinks the Super Nintendo is the best console ever created!
And he's right, it totally is!
8. He loves dolphins!
7. As Destructoid's Features Editor, he contributed a ton of non-news content which helped build up Dtoid's personality and sense of community. He always had something fun to contribute during the holidays
and other times to stir up some discussion!
6. There is a game on Newgrounds called Chad Punches Old Ladies in the Face
... and it's hilarious!
5. He was a part of the RetroforceGO!
podcast, a wonderful podcast about retro gaming!
4. His Memory Card
series gave us a closer look at some of his favorite scenes and moments in video games, and were always a pleasure to read!
3. He has compiled so many amazing Top 10 lists
over the years! I always find these fun and interesting to read, even if you disagree with them, and I'm sure a ton of work went into creating each one.
2. For his final post on Destructoid, he wrote this incredibly emotional and inspiring story about how Final Fantasy VI essentially saved his life
. It was one of my favorite posts I've read here on Destructoid :)
1. Every year during E3, Chad put together some absolutely incredible E3 Predictions posts! He's gone to a psychic
, talked to some animals at the zoo
, gotten the opinions of an analyst, a gamer, a toddler, a horse and a coin
, and one year he even went to an animal shelter and talked to some adorable dogs and cats
, some of which were later adopted by the Dtoid community! Amaaazing!
We'll miss you Chad! Thanks for all of your hard work and for everything you've contributed to the site! Destructoid wouldn't have been the same without you! <3
* - GlowBear gives a huge shout-out to some of the underrated bloggers of our community! I can't thank her enough for doing this :)
* - They may just be quick doodles, but BeatBeat's art is always hilarious and entertaining!
A - pedrovay2003 finally got to try out the Wii U by playing a bit of Rayman Legends, and he's quite excited to say the least!
A - youngskeletor is not too impressed with the new PlayStation Store.
A - TheKodu wonders why people are complaining about the price of the Wii U.
S - Late night thoughts with StriderHoang! He's got podcasts, pirates, iPods and superheroes on the brain.
I - Say hello to Nick Valdez, a writer over at Flixist! He thinks Pokemon is, like, totally rad!
F - Friday Night Fights on the PC + Skyfall!
F - Friday Night Fights on the 360 + Everyone is playing Halo 4!
F - Friday Night Fights on the PS3 + Veggies and voting!
F - Friday Night Fights on the 3DS + War games!
T - KeithTheGeek tried out the demo for Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion and found it to be particularly frustrating for a variety of reasons.
T - Megakrang got lost in the world of Journey once again and found a wonderful partner to share his experience!
$ - November 9th UK releases and bargains!
C - Argh... a nigh impenetrable wall of text!
F - Karutomaru continues to grace us with his awful trolling.
LOOK WHO CAME: