ShadeOfLight's enthusiasm about video games today was quite infectious, so today's bbainisms shall follow his lead. Here are 5 video game things I'm excited about!
5. I've recently been playing Final Fantasy VIII for the first time ever. Well, sort of for the first time ever. I played about 10 minutes of it several years ago, but it didn't grab me. This week, I've basically just been playing it out of boredom, but I am enjoying it! The junctioning mechanic is really confusing and tedious, and Squall is a huge asshole, but other than those two things, I'm loving it. The towns and environments are beautiful and fun to explore, the summoning animations are possibly the best of any Final Fantasy game I've played (I especially like the animations for Ifrit and the Brothers), all of the characters are pretty cool aside from Squall (Zell's my favorite at the moment, and Laguna, Ward and Kiros are very interesting), etc. It's probably still near the bottom of my list of favorite Final Fantasy games, but it's enjoyable nonetheless!
4. Contrary to what I wrote about in my -isms a few weeks ago, I might actually end up buying Pokemon X. Two of my friends bought it and were showing it to me last weekend, and those graphics really drew me in. The Pokemon looks so cute and awesome in 3D! I'm worried that it'll be too difficult to choose a team of just 6 though... it was easier when there were only 150 Pokemon to choose from! My old teams were usually comprised of my favorites, even if they weren't fully evolved. I think my most recent team was Cubone, Haunter, Weepinbell, Mr. Mime, Shellder and Scyther. I'd love to keep any of them on my team in X, but then there are newer Pokemon that look interesting as well, like Pancham. Of course, I haven't even bought the game yet!
3. I've been playing Poker Night 2 this week thanks to it being free on PS Plus, and I realized that I actually really enjoy playing Poker! And then I lose to Ash by going all-in on a hand where I'm dealt a pair of Aces, when he only has a 9 and 4 off-suit, because the flop somehow turns out to be THE OTHER THREE FOURS. That's when I remembered that I really hate playing Poker...
2. I'm still addicted to Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and I don't think even Pokemon would stop me from playing it every day. My house is coming along quite nicely, I reached best friend status with Genji and was rewarded with his picture, I got most of my villagers to adopt "yolo" as their catchphrase which always makes me laugh for some reason, and I still don't have a perfect town rating but only because my villagers always request the ugliest public works projects to choose from (no, I don't want traffic lights and signs in my town that has literally zero roads or traffic!). Also, I have not once seen Gracie in my town yet, and I've been playing for over a month or so. Does she not show up after summer or what? What gives, Gracie?!
1. I get to try out the Dark Souls II Beta this weekend and I'm super excited! I expect death. Lots and lots of death.