Was everybody as excited as I was today? The big launch that we've all been waiting for, finally here!
MECHWARRIOR ONLINE IS NO LONGER IN BETA!!!!!11!1!
Cue the sad trombones.
Yes, of all the days for MWO to limp onto the official scene and line up, firing squad style, for the inevitable volley of mediocre reviews, they chose to do it on what the day that what is arguably the last big game of this generation hit the streets.
Sheer. Utter. Madness.
So yeah, long story short:
– GTAV is great. It takes everything you like about the series, ratchets it up, while cutting a lot of what was holding it back.
- MWO's launch is nothing more than them peeling off the beta sticker. Seriously, no new modes, U.I, community warfare, or any of the other malarkey they've been promising for over a year now. Again, someday industry heads will use MWO as a cautionary tale, a spook story about a studio that managed to strangle their golden goose and somehow managed to alienate a fanbase that had a worse case of Stockholm syndrome than Patty Hearse.
That's it for me, I've got banks to rob.
* - Some might say it's slightly too early for Halloween-esq spooookiness. But they're just wound up because ghosts are haunting their buttholes.
* - I never knew Digimon was so scatologically obsessed.
* - Resident Evil 1 might look laughable by today's standards, but not so long ago, it sent an entire generation of gamers scurrying under their covers in fear.
A - And with another GTA release, we have another slew of sensational headlines. You could set your watch by it.
A - Tick, tock, tick, tock.
A - The Suffering was never a game I got into, but DustinThomas sure has some fond memories for the series.
A - Apes in wrap-around sunglasses. How can you not love that?
S - I didn't understand anything from this blog or the accompanying video, but I guess this is some kind of crazy challenge run like 4 White Mages in Final Fantasy, so good on em. Didn't see any of those poop monsters make an appearance either.
- You can totally get Max's terrible parrot shirt in GTA V! So I shaved Mike bald, gave him a penance beard plus aviators of shame, and enjoyed playing as a grumpy, slightly overweight, middle-aged burnout again!
T - Taking time between bong rips to complain about GTA's driving.
C - I hate "blogs" that are just another place for someone to hock their Youtube reel.
S - Even lazier than normal, couldn't be bothered to embed his spam.
- I'm sorely tempted to get this shirt in real life, but I also have to weight the very real possibility of my girlfriend dumping me because of it.