I really wanted to write a bit today about the crazy stuff that went on over the weekend, but I'm pressed for time and you MONSTERS wrote about 5 million blogs this Tuesday.
Conrad leaving is a gut-punch. He was the face (mustache) of the site for years and him just slipping out the backdoor with no fanfare feels terribly wrong.
To the other writers who were laid-off, my deepest sympathies. I won't lie, I didn't recognize all of the names, but I don't like to see anybody lose their job (even if it was an unpaid passion project).
I don't feel like I know enough to really talk about it anyway. Maybe I'll get my thoughts collected and put something together on the weekend or next Tuesday. All I can say is that as rocky as things seem to be on the Front Page, the Cblogs are doing spectacular.
I love learning more about the people that make up this community, and I want to thank each and every one of you who has written up a "10 Things" list.
* - Thief sounds like a bloody trainwreck. At least Nanashi can laugh at the pain though right? Right?
* - TurboKill will straight up stab you.
* - Let's get wasted and play “Princes of the Universe” at full volume sometime, GoofierBrute.
* - Tonich seems like an awesome dude. If I'm ever in small town Russia, I'll definitely say hi.
* - JoeDiamond also seems like an awesome dude, which is sad because when the revolutions hits, wannabee business administrators are going to be first against the wall. Sorry amigo, it's not personal.
* - As someone who shares a passion for terrible hip-hop remixes and bizarre internet flotsam, all I can do is nod approvingly in the direction of Luna's blog.
* - Me and Pedrovay are the last bros alive with keypad cellphones. Solidarity my friend.
* - SeymourDuncan watches a lot of Simpsons. Carry on good man, carry on.
* - Solar Pony Django is the meat in the middle of a Manwhich.
* - I kinda want to live in a creepy cabin and Ooktar's list is making me jelous.
* - Sweet Jesus, DustinThomas is ripped! Also, he works at a church so he's probably going to pound my shit for all the casual blasphamy.
* - Some mighty fine photography included free of charge with Acefbibble's list. Some real feels too.
* - Epic is a man of many names, and a man of kick ass blogging.
* - Don't bother clicking through, it turns out RenaudB90 isn't actually Spiderman. Broke my fucking heart.
* - Well, now I know who to turn for all my Fire Emblem needs.
* - Get in on the ground floor, TotenKreuz's first blog features 10 things you should know about him.
* - Adam McDonald is a QA guy and indie nut. So I'm sure he'd love to bug test your half completed game, right?
* - EnoSachran is a world travelling military brat who was drawn to the Spy and Sniper classes in TF2. I see a espionage thriller novel in the making...
A - Super interesting blog from Casey Baker, one of the writers hit with the recent lay-offs. You want to know the details of what happened, keep your eye on this mini-series.
T - Holy shit, an actual blog about a game! Sonic429 has a wish list for Virtua Fighter 6.
N - The EVE monument stands as a real testament to what the game is all about now; petty inter-player bickering and E-Peen stroking Goon stunts. Bravo.
T - Pixie has some excellent tips for anyone into SMT3.
L - I think Trevor might have missed the point... But on the plus side, butt jokes.
R - I will take another MK game, yes please.
C - Hope you like YouTube videos dumped without any attempt at blogging or contributing to the community with original content. Don't forget to link, follow, and subscribe.
F - Can I get a cheat code that would remove this spam account from the blog roll?