Leveling is an important aspect of pretty much every MMORPG that has ever been released, with the exception of The Secret World. Guild Wars 2, however, isn’t an exception. Unfortunately, leveling can be a long, arduous task. And, for some, it can even be boring. But there are ways to quickly and easily level up your character. It’ll still take a little time and patience but it’s well worth looking over the leveling tips below to help you make quick works of progressing your toon in-game.
The way and place that you level will depend on which of the GW2 races you selected during the character creation section of the game. Each race has it’s own starting point and mini-quests to take on to help kickstart the leveling process. Also keep in mind that completing story quests along the way when you’re appropriately leveled is a quick, easy way to earn extra experience while doing other leveling tasks. Below we’ve outlined a few hot tips to level faster. Also check out our GW2 leveling guide for even more info.
1. Play World versus World A TON – Believe it or not, it doesn’t matter what level you are in GW2, you can still benefit greatly from the WvW gameplay. Hell, you can immediately jump into the GW2 WvW action as soon as you’re done with character creation and start earning a ton of XP, karma and even gold. All you have to do is help your team to capture keeps and participate in any dynamic events that become available to you. It’s fast, fun and it works well, especially for new players.
2. Gather Crafting Items – As soon as you have enough gold to do so, go to a vendor and buy all 3 tools for gathering (pickaxe, scythe, axe) and equip them to your character. Once you’ve done this, start roaming around and collecting any useful materials you can find for crafting. In GW2 you earn experience for both gathering materials and crafting items. And this can be done at any level.
3. Complete Heart Quests in GW2 – Even from your race’s starting area you’ll notice there are empty gold hearts plastered all over your map. Travel to these locations and complete the quests associated with these areas. They’re usually pretty simple, quick quests that can earn you a fair amount of experience points and gold. This is mainly useful for beginning players but can prove helpful for higher leveled characters as well.
4. Buy Boost Gems – Boost gems can be pricey, so you better have a hefty amount of gold for this one, but they can be extremely useful for leveling. The gems provide your character with a 50% increase in experience gains per hour. Might not seem like a lot, but 1.5x experience can add up pretty quickly if you’re going out and killing enemies and completing quests often.
5. Complete Dynamic Events – Dynamic events have been a popular system among MMO games lately (namely games like RIFT) and these events can help your character a ton when leveling. Simply look for orange circles on your map and head to them. These are where you’ll find the events. They provide significant rewards in XP, gold and even karma. Sometimes they may interfere with heart quests you’re currently involved in. If this happens, forget about the heart quest and pursue the event (events reward you better).
6. Grab a GW2 Leveling Guide – Looking to save time and level your character to level 80 as quickly as possible? Picking up a guide may suit your needs. Most guides provide players with secret leveling locations, tips for maximizing XP gains and more to help them quickly and easily level up. The best one available right now is one called GW2 Domination. It’s packed full of great tips and tricks for leveling your toon fast to reach the level cap.