So, yeah. Sup. How you be? I be good. I like the videogames. They are pretty cool. You played the Rock Band? I like the Rock Band. I sing "Don't Look Back in Anger" by Oasis on expert. It's pretty epic. I like to write articles and stuff. You'll see them around on the internets. I also like school. I read British Romanticism and write a lot of essays. It's all good, cause in the San Francisco Bay Area, you meet a lot of people with even lamer educational skills, so it's cool.
I have a pet bird. His name is Merry, and when I see him, he runs to me like a puppy dog and sits on my knee. This makes us both sleepy, so we take naps.
Also, I think chickens are amazing (don't ask why), so I'm just going to post a bunch of chicken pics here now. kthxbai.
Also, he's me shaking hands with a monkey in Santa Monica
I'm making a special post in the cblogs for a special reason. You see, later this week I'm going to have an opportunity to speak with Tim Schafer. It's an exciting experience, but even better, I'd like to share this experience with you, the Destructoid community. I'm sure many of you are sick of bland, cliched questions in interviews done by journalists in any field, and we at Destructoid like to aim for the most interesting and informative interviews we can...but can you do better? If you had anything to ask the defining figure behind The Secret of Monkey Island, Psychonauts and Brutal Legend, what would it be? Let me know, for if you come up with something interesting, I like to ask the man. Let's hear them!
Sup! So I've been AWOL all day on Destructoid, and lo and behold, there's been a good ol' introduction session going on here. And I almost missed out! So what shall I do but tell you 10 things I probably should not tell you anyway, so here you go.
1. I have a twin sister. That's right, I spent 7 months cooped up in a uterus with this girl. Let me get it out of the way: We are fraternal twins, she is a she and I am a he. No, we are not psychic. Oddly, while I am a 21 year old gamer nerd, she's become a 21 year old American comic and table top nerd. And she's not fat or ugly! Crazy, I know.
2. I was born with three lips. Commonly called a hare lip, this isn't so much of an issue, cause it really looks like somebody took a knife up my face, which is king of badass.
3. I'm currently pursuing a useless degree in English, with a focus in British Romanticism. Cool, I know. Of course, I get to read Frankenstein and shit, so there.
4. As much as I love videogames, I'm not very good at them. It sucks, but I'm one of those people who just cannot remain competitive at anything for long. Whenever you need a boost on your game skillz, call me up and I'll help you get there.
5. I used to weight 220 lbs, but over the last 6 months has lost much of that down to 175. Hopefully I can get them down even farther.
6. One of the most amazing things I have ever done is spend six months abroad in England. People give me shit about it, but it was a kick ass opportunity to live in London and work there like a local. No studying, (and no money), it was just me, some friends and a whole new city. It also helped that now I've got friends from all around the world, which has lead to other opportunities, such as spending three weeks in France, like I did this summer.
7. I have a pet cockatiel named Merry who is pretty much my baby. I haven't seen him in a while (he's back home with my parents while I finish at Berkeley), but when ever I go home he screams until I let him out and he get's to sit on my shoulder. Then I scratch his cute lil' head. I love the little fucker (even when he takes a dump on me, or starts humping a crumpled napkin), and I hope he's around for a long time.
8.When working in England, I got to meet the members of the band AFI while working at a coffee shop. I later met the members of Wilco, who invited me to a backstage event and I couldn't make it cause my co-workers were throwing me a going away party. I made the right decision, but damn was that difficult.
9. I think chickens are hi-freaking-larious and they are guaranteed to make me laugh. God, I just want to pat them on the head and call them stupid....cause they are.