Hey, My name is Aaron, I'm half black, I rock an afro, and I've been playing video games for almost all my life.
My Favorite Games in a Series:
Final Fantasy 9
Metal Gear Solid 2(haven't played 4 yet)
Mario Bros World
Kingdom Hearts 1
Resident Evil 4, (haven't played 5)
Armored Core 2, It's the dynasty warriors of mech games, but this one still beats the others.
My interests outside of video games are movies, books,some drawing and painting, and a bit of sports here and there. My favorite superhero is most definitely Batman. I loved every movie in the series, yes including the bad ones, because I have a great love of horrible puns. My favorite movie of all time though has to go to "Back to the Future", that movie is so wholly excellent, I can't even explain it, just see for yourself.
I used to have the actual movie cover featured here, but Mikey came up with such an incredible new one that this needs to be seen by as many people as possible.
Another great interest of mine is giant robots. I think it first started when I saw the power rangers summon the megazord for the first time. After that, I considered colossal sized mechs fighting other giant things to be the ultimate form of combat. So, it's a no brainer that my favorite anime is the Gundam series, and of that, Char Aznable's Sazabi from Char's Counterattack is my favorite gundam. I hope that helps you to know a bit about me.
I'm also in a series of videos on youtube that me and my friends did. It's really bad, but also has a few genuinely awesome moments snuck in there. It's called Pipe Fighters. Check it out if you're bored or have a sadistic need to know everything about me:
I don't make an appearance in this episode, but I'm in all of them after that one.
Well, I know the best time to do these blogs have passed, but I'm still doing this because it's almost a requirement at this point. When I came to the C-blogs last night and saw the state that they were in I was almost disapointed, because I really underestimated just how much quality you guys put into these things. But as I read them, I found out so much cool interesting stuff about everyone that I got the urge to do one myself.
1. My favorite author is Stephen King, and of his 40+ books, I love his 'Dark Tower' series the best. It was my obsession in high school, when he finally released the last of the books in the series. I was actually disapointed with most of the stuff in the final books, except for the ending, that was perfect to me. Roland of Gilead is one of the biggest badasses in fiction. If you claim to be a Tower Junkie like me, then let me know down in the comments, I love to hear from fellow fans.
2. I'm in a series of short films on youtube that my friends and I did. It's called Pipe Fighters, and in it we fight each other with pipes in alleyways using really fake superpowers, with a story thrown in there. It's about as terrible as it sounds, but it's hilarious for that, sort of like watching wrestling. Related to filming this, I have done some kind of illegal things, but the most hilarious one has to be the time the cops showed up as we were filming with me in a santa suit in front of the courthouse at night. Good Times, good times.
phony commercial advertising a lego set for pipe fighters. I'm the morbidly obese half black one.
3. As a child, when my used super nintendo refused to play any more games, I took it out back and bashed it to pieces with a hammer. I think I even did something similar with my nintendo. I'm not sure just how the retro fans are gonna take that, but my number 4 might be worse...
4. I hate the dreamcast. Maybe hate is too strong, I really dislike the whole concept of the dreamcast. At the time it was released, I thought it was really stupid because it had video memory cards that left gaping holes in the controller when they weren't there, and the cord attached to the controller from the bottom instead of the top. Never played any games on it, but at the time I thought it was retarded.
5. I've been tazered in the but-tocks. That's also on film.
6. My drive to draw and read are slowly dying, and that really makes me sad. In my teenage years, if I wasn't playing games, I was either reading, or drawing something I was reading about or playing. It's been a part of who I am for the longest time, but now that I'm getting older and 'mature', if that's actually possible, I haven't done much of either. It's something I really want to try and fix, but don't know how. I'll try and upload some of my earlier stuff on here at some point.
7. I've shot one of my friends directly in the eye with an automatic airsoft gun. We occasionally play games of airsoft at night, specifically a match where everyone hunts down my friend Blake because he's an excellent Sniper and will usually kill us before we kill him. One night, I was given an automatic to use when I'm normally stuck with the single shot cheaper guns. Somehow that kind of made me mad with power and I went hunting for Blake based on the sound he was making walking through the forest. Well, he made a noise trying to shoot at me, and I whip-turned and let off a half dozen shots in the direction of his sound. I thought he was playing a trick on me when he let out a scream but didn't come out from hiding.
8. I have several nicknames, but many many people know me as "Toby". It's a stupid and complicated yet simple story how I got that nickname.
9. I've owned 3 playstation 2's. The first was a refurbished one from gamestop that I ended up pulling off my dresser because I pulled my controller too fast. The second one is a story in it's own right because my friends pooled their money together and bought that one used online one year for Christmas. That one eventually succumbed to the Disk Read Errors. The third I recently bought refurbished at gamestop, but I got a warranty and it's been great this entire time, Knock On Wood.
10. Milk and Goldfish crackers are my lifeblood. I could live off of nothing but that for several days at a time.
Well, for anyone who took the time to read this, thank you!