Hi! My name is Ashley. I like video games, and to write and draw. Sometimes I combine the three. I have a huge knowledge of video game trivia and pop culture trivia in general, and I like to overanalyze things both for fun and for your entertainment.
I also like ducks and koala cookies.
My favorite game genres are puzzles, platformers, and scrolling shooters. I also really enjoy Mario Kart. But I don't like to limit myself, so I'll give anything a go at least once.
Even though my first console was an NES, I grew up mostly on the Genesis. Much of my childhood was spent playing Sonic 2 multiplayer by myself. I would switch the controller after every round and play both characters evenly so that it would always end in a tie.
I am a little shy, so you may have to prod me, but I would love to be your newest friend!
E-mail: stripedbird at gmail dot com
Gtalk: stripedbird at gmail dot com
AIM: odd looking bird
Xbox Live: Horned Child (currently offline)
DeviantArt:CLICK Facebook:CLICK Twitter:CLICK
Also, ducks - Duck is now living with a zookeeper in Alabama who can supply him with a bigger swimming area than a bathtub. He is in a better place, free of Zappers and laughing dogs.
I figured I would join in on this as well, since I've been looking for something to post in my Cblog for a while! Be warned though, I am a fairly boring person. It was really hard to come up with so many things about myself.
1. I was born with only one nostril. My right nostril was blocked with excess skin, and so I had to have a hole cut out right then and there to ensure that I could breathe. I still have a small visible bump of skin that was not cut away.
2. I have lived in over twenty different homes over the course of my life, and in five different states (North Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Pennsylvania, Arizona) over the past five years. This way of life has primed me for travel, and I am looking forward to where I will go next. I really want to explore the rest of the west coast for the first time.
3. I know a lot of "famous" people. Randall Munroe (of XKCD fame) is one of my best friends. We met while he was still in college. I have visited his apartment and slept in his living room, which is a ball pit with a couch in the middle of it. We also play Mario Kart Wii together on a regular basis. And, of course, our very own Aaron Linde is my even bester friend! <3
4. I love to wear scarves, and do so on a regular basis. It has become sort of a problem since I moved to the desert, but scarves are my "signature", so I can't give them up.
5. There was actually a period of a few years where I actually lost interest in gaming. It started around my freshman year of high school. I had recently gotten a Playstation, but only spent about three months with it before deciding to sell the system and its games for money to put toward other things. I still do not know why exactly my interest in videogames ever dropped, as I cannot see myself without them now, but I can single out the selling of the Playstation as one of those dumb things that teenagers are prone to do.
6. I am a supertaster, which makes me an extremely picky eater.
7. I have loved reading educational material ever since I was very young. It all started when the family got a set of encyclopedias. I read through every one several times and still have a lot of the information I learned stored away in my head. Today, thanks to the Internet, Wikipedia provides me the same joy, and even more useless trivia.
8. Even though most people my age are already finished with college, I am still just a freshman. I have a very hard time deciding on what I really want to do with my life because I have so many interests. My majors have ranged from military nursing to foreign language.
9. I am very shy about what I write and draw because I am the worst sort of perfectionist. I have actually been working on this post for hours. :(
10. I have sustained several head injuries over the course of my life: first, I was dropped on my head as an infant. Then I ran into a wall around age four and split my forehead open (the scar is still there). Lastly, in fifth grade, I fell backwards off of a swing and hit the back of my head on a wooden board. I believe these knocks to my head play a big part in who I am today.
P.S. - I am currently working on getting the images from the Boss Guide made up into wallpapers! Please let me know if there is a certain size you are interested in!