We have about a week and a half left until the 2012 Electronics Entertainment Expo. I'm going to take some time and put some predictions on the table now before anything major leaks. so here's my thoughts on what'll be shown and unveiled this year.
* They'll show off the Wii-U some more despite them saying they're not ready to reveal the launch date, since it is
supposed to come out this year and all. Honestly, I think they'll push it back to next year.
* Safe to assume they'll show off a new Mario and Zelda, and once again leave Metroid out of the picture.
* They might unveil a NEW version of the 3DS.
* Probably a release date for Pandora's Tower here in the U.S.
I don't have much to predict about Nintendo. If they announce anything aside from waggle shit, I'd be surprised. Also, I'm getting tired of Reggie and his insincere "I understand the "Hardcore" gamer" spiels.
* Safe to assume more Kinect crap, kid actors on stage, non game crap, awkwardness
* Probably a new UI for the 360
* Even MORE media streaming crap for the 360.
* The $99 subsidized XB360 will make it outside of the Microsoft Stores and into other retail outlets.
* They'll show off Halo 4, Assassin's Creed III, Black Ops 2, and possibly updates for Minecraft on the XBLA.
* New limited versions of the 360 Slim (colors, bundles, etc)
* They won't say a damn thing about the rumored new xbox (XBOX720/Durango/Whatever it's name'll be)
I'm not impressed whatsoever with what MS has been doing this past year and a half, BUT, if they can get their shit together and focus on games more.. I'll start paying more attention. Still not paying for Live though, fuck that shit.
* Safe to assume they'll drop more game announcements and release dates for the Vita. (I'm betting Final Fantasy X, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, and the Sly game will be three of them)
* New Vita Update will flip the switch on PS-One game compatibility for Vita
* Updated list of PSP games compatible with Vita
* Rumored PSN pre-order system will get announced.
* Announcement trailer for new Killzone (either a Vita or PS3 game, maybe both)
* They'll announce the launch of the White PS Vita for here in the U.S.
They'll show off God of War Ascension.
I'm being more positive with Sony this year, cause they're focusing on GAMES first, then everything else. Also since I just got a Vita, I have more Vita predictions than PS3 predictions. Also, I didn't predict a new PlayStation system since they've gone on record and said that there's no plans to announce new hardware at this E3, so there.
So there's my E3 predictions.I didn't predict new unannounced games since I haven't a clue what they're going to reveal this year. My attitude for this year's E3 is "whatcha got? Come at me bro, make me less cynical of the industry's direction". Hopefully there's a bounty of cool ass games from all 3 big companies and no more shenanigans. At the time of writing this, there's 25 minutes left until Nintendo's "Nintendo Direct" Conf. Lets see if I'm right about anything.