What is AMMO? Agent MOO: Maximum Overdeath is a 2D deathmatch game featuring weapons such as rockets, guns, and the trusty sack of oranges. If that doesn't suit your fancy, climb in a car to get some vehicular homicide kills! Features original soundtrack by I KILL PXLS.
Where can I play it? AMMO is now available for the XBOX 360 on the XBOX Live Indie Games Marketplace here.
PAX 2009 was AMAZING! I am not much of a writer so I'll describe my experience by means of INTERPRETIVE DANCE! By which I mean I will post all my pictures with mildly funny captions.
The weekend started for wifey and me on Thursday and on arrival we went to the Space Needle to get a bird's eye view of the city we'd be crawling with Dtoiders for the next few days. The rumblings began in the gift shop... I could tell Chad was in the area because I found this friend of his:
IT WILL SNUGGLE YOU TO THE POINT OF UNCONSCIOUSNESS. Oh boy what are we getting ourselves into? So we head out to a classy dinner at the J-Ro organized Farestart meetup, where we encountered a gaggle of Dtoiders and dined on the finest in hobo cuisine. After that we headed to gameworks where it was packed with so many Dtoid people that we couldn't get past the doorway!
Friday the doors opened at PAX but I had two things on my mind. Get to the Hey Ash Whatcha Playing panel and get to the Destructoid panel. After showing up about surveying the main floor, I met Mr. Destructoid! I spoke with him for a while and he exposed me to many secrets I cannot utter here about cold fusion, Atlantis, Jimmy Hoffa, and the meaning of life. And then all of the sudden, he whipped out a baseball cap and declared his favorite team!
Surprised by that bombshell I wandered around in a daze, working my way up to get in a gigantic line to see the HAWP panel where a MANLY TEAR was shed.
Learning my lesson from the HAWP line, I went to the next line almost an hour early for the Destructoid panel, where I stayed around and met another large number of community members. Then out of the blue, Maya shows up with the coveted LOBSTER MILKSHAKE of Cblog fame!
When I got in to the theater, the crowd was huge! The line was so long that the last people lucky enough to make it in were standing room only. We were greeted with the teaser clips on the screen, getting us pumped up for an amazing panel. When the presentation, questions, and Samit'sbirthday were over... Chad grabbed the mic and sang an incredible song. As someone who posts comments in a gaming community environment I am subject to using a lot of hyperbole, but this performance really brought me back to the days of being a child seeing Disney movies for the first time. I entranced by the music, but this time the song was about a community I was a part of and made it very profound, and emotional for me.
Fast forward a bit after going to pike place and seeing the town, my wife and I head to Elephant and Castle to rejoin the Destrucoid masses. The yummy Imperial IPA then fuels a night of debauchery until 2 am when management told us to get the fudge out.
WHEN YOU SEE IT YOU WILL SHIT BRICKS
The next day I drag myself out of bed and head to the indie games panel and scribble down some nonsensical notes. I think they translated to something along the lines of "innovation = good, big budget = bad". Armed with my indie notes, I head over to the luxurious Best Western to record a NGCast with Wardrox, Nintendoll and the gang. We sat down and talked about indie games, the GHost's close friends and of course Bionic Commando, Half Life 2, and Halo.
More tourism ensued, and then we headed out to a classy Destructoid party across from the Red Lion. Over the course of my evening we got to meet even more people we hadn't gotten around to yet! (We still didn't get to say hi to everybody) As we said our goodbyes, and got ready to head out for the next leg of our trip in Vancouver, we were sad to leave you guys but we had a great time!
Left to right: My wife Anna, Me, Sharky McSnaggletooth, MamaDonna
Now that Agent MOO: Maximum Overdeath has been released on Indie Games marketplace (Available here), so it's time for some Friday Night Fights! I will be hosting at 11PM ET on my gamertag Agent MOO. Also, Kauza will be hosting at 9PM ET.
Please excuse some of the network hiccups, I am working on an update to make the experience smoother. The update will be available as soon as it goes through the Indie Games peer review process!
My game, AMMO, is releasing soon as a community game on the XBOX Live Marketplace. It will be available for 200pts as soon as it passes the peer review process. Here's the trailer for the game, you can find more info at the game's hompage, agentmoo.com/AMMO. I look forward to playing it online with you all once it's launched on the XBOX 360!
The music in the trailer is one of the tracks from the original soundtrack created by I KILL PXLS (Dtoid username: Guitar Atomik).
10. A computer I modded and gave away to a friend actually caught fire years later. In an attempt to get a different version of AGP card to fit on the old motherboard, I used a soldering iron to melt the dividing piece of plastic away. Doing this caused the pins to not seat well and pop out of place - hence a short that caused a luckily non-destructive fire.
9. In high school I once emulated the Soy Bomb incident by running across the field through a girls softball game, being chased out the parking lot by angry parents. I was suspended from school for a day and my interruption of an out caused the home team to lose.
8. Of all games, the most played game of my youth was NBA Jam. I was OBSESSED with this game and played with the cheat codes and made it a goal to get as many half court dunks as possible, something around. If you play this game with me I will shove the shit out of you and then dunk the ball as soon as I get it.
7 I once tried to impress a girl by telling her I had 10 million sims living in my sim city.
6. I once constructed a potato cannon that was 10 feet long.
5. I am completely deaf in my left ear and wear a hearing aid in the right. No deaf accent though, but I do have an awesome device that lets me connect bluetooth audio directly into my ear. So be wary - I can be looking you directly in the face while Trent Reznor is going BLARGRAGRAGRG in my ear at full volume.
4. I have a BS in Computer Science, and my 9 to 5 job is no way related to games.
3. In an attempt to come up with a new method of brewing iced coffee I made several apparatuses. I tried an aluminum foil chute from my drip filter into a series of cans with ice, coffee ice cubes, and what I called "Triple Brewing" where I would pass the coffee through the grinds several times until it turned into a concrete like substance.
2. I have an unhealthy obsession with the game worms.
1. Domesticated Moo is domesticated. I'm married, have two cats and am a couple years or so away from having little Miini-Moos pitter-pattering around.