I'm not really an audiophile, as I'm half deaf in one ear, so I'm used to things sounding a bit naff. Like the tune in the trailer. For those of you with fully functioning ears, the amp and headset come with a bunch of additional features. Will they make your eardrums salivate? Should eardrums really be salivating? Don't ask me, I'm no doctor.
The 2013 edition of the headset comes with two extra features; although I'm not sure that "it's the best" is really a feature -- it's more of a claim.
- New Quick Disconnect Cabling System: Updated version of the ASTRO Quick Disconnect system, offering the same flexibility of using multiple cable types and lengths, but now plugging directly into the headset via a 3.5mm 4-pole jack instead of the oiriginal mid-cable release. This increases reliability and durability while also making it easier to change to preferred cable lengths and update cables as desired.
- Best Sounding ASTRO Headsets Ever: The 2013 Edition ASTRO A40 has re-tuned drivers and enclosures with improved low-end response and less distortion at high volumes making them the most accurate ASTRO headsets ever
The MixAmp appears to have been changed a little more, and it's smaller, too. Try not to lose it.
- Game and Voice Stream Output: The ASTRO MixAmp™ Pro now features a Stream Out - a 3.5mm jack that allows Game Sound and incoming/outgoing Voice Chat to be output without interruption directly to a livestream using a single cable.
- New Custom Audio Profiles: The ASTRO MixAmp™ Pro now allows users to switch between four pre-set Audio Profiles – Pro, Core, Media and Sports. Soon, ASTRO users will be able to create and share their own custom audio profiles via www.astrogaming.com.
- New Smaller Form Factor: The ASTRO MixAmp™ Pro is now smaller and more portable allowing for easier transport between LAN and Pro Gaming events.
- New Optical Port: A more reliable 3.5mm optical port is now being utilized in place of the previous TOSlink optical port.
You can pick up both items now in a bundle for $249.99, which certainly sounds like a lot of your funny foreign currency.
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.