Amazon Gold Box deals on Xbox 360, Harry Potter
Amazon.com is dedicating yet another of their Gold Box promotions to videogames but, truth be told, this isn't looking like the best crop of bargains.
The Deal of the Day is a $100 Amazon credit with purchase of an Xbox 360 4GB Kinect bundle for $299.99. That's nothing to sneeze at, but you're not really saving any money if you just have to turn around and buy an overpriced hard drive for the thing.
And, as usual, there's the standard crop of "lightning deals" only available for a limited time with the first being ExerBeat. Those clever folks at Amazon like to make a game out of this sort of thing, so there's a series of hints as to what the products might be along with the times they are available. These hints are as follows (all times Pacific):
- 8 AM - Blend banana-collecting puzzles with manic action gameplay
- 10 AM - Now in its tenth year, this franchise returns with number 7 on the PS3 and X360
- 12 PM - Explore iconic settings including Hogwarts castle, Diagon Alley and the Forbidden Forest.
- 2 PM - Join your host, Mr. Potato Head, as you and your family play classic Hasbro games.
- 4 PM - Listen to your game like it was meant to be heard
- 6 PM - Latest iteration of a storied fighter franchise.
- 8 PM - Big savings on this classic NDS puzzle game.
So, yeah. Not a whole lot to get excited about. Sounds like there's going to be a pair of headphones in there, Hasbro Family Game Night seems likely to make an appearance and Harry Potter as well. And a bunch of stuff that doesn't seem appealing despite the vague clues. I guess they can't all be winners.
Amazon Gold Box [Amazon]
Disclosurebot auto-message: Just in case the editor neglected to mention it, links that point to Amazon or whatever shopping site may directly support our site. Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.