* Gaijin Games originally planned the Bit.Trip series to be eight games long, but have since trimmed it to six.
* Bit.Trip FLUX is done, but it (sadly) doesn't have much of a chance of seeing release in this calendar year. It will probably be out in early 2011.
* Contrary to prior reporting, Bit.Trip FLUX will not be a Wii Zapper compatible game, though you could try to play the game that way if you wanted to. It would be pretty hard though.
* According to Chris, FLUX is already a lot better than it was when I played it about a month ago (which is saying a lot, because when I played, it was totally awesome).
* As previously mentioned, Chris stated that he's working on Bit.Trip RUNNER in some capacity "right now", though he couldn't say if he's working on a sequel, a port, or something else. Keep in mind, Gaijin Games has previously reported that they have a 3DS dev kit, so the smart money is on some form of 3DS version of the game.
* When I told Chris that I desperately wanted Gaijin Games to make a sequel to Bit.Trip RUNNER, he said something along the lines of "It would be foolish for us to not revisit RUNNER at some point, as it's the most popular game in the series so far."
* Chris also revealed that Commander Video used to have more abilities in Bit.Trip RUNNER. At one point in the game's production, every side of the control pad and every button on the Wii remote did something. Specifically, Commander Video used to have the ability to shoot a laser from his eye, and to absorb black beats into his body like in Bit.Trip VOID.
* Edmund McMillen of Super Meat Boy fame gave Gaijin Games a lot of feedback during the production of Bit.Trip RUNNER. He was a big part of why the restarts happen so quickly in RUNNER.
* Gaijin games will do their best to put as many of the Bit.Trip games on as many platforms as possible, but as they are just a four man team, they can only do so much.
Reblog (or) Blog Reply
Follow Blog + disclosure Tips
"Where do dreams end and reality begin? Videogames, I suppose."- Gainax, FLCL Vol. 1 "The beach, the trees, even the clouds in the sky... everything is build from little tiny pieces of stuff. Ju... more | staff directory
Setup email comments
Unsavory comments? Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma). Can't see comments? Apps like Avast or browser extensions can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.